Lineage-16.0 (Android Pie) Nightly

Upgrade went smooth and LineageOS 16.0 works well here too. Thanks @chrmhoffmann!

But - like with LineageOS 15.1 - Netguard still doesn’t work.

Hi, upgraded yesterday and everything is working brilliantly.

The only bug I’ve found is that if I longpress on the homescreen and select wallpaper, I get the message ‘app not installed’. It’s there in the app drawer, and I’m able to open the app and change the wallpaper that way.

1 Like

Another bug: If the alarm clock is at level one, it will not be heard.
Only at level two you hear the alarm.

Hi. I installed XPosed for Android 9 from here https://magiskroot.net/download-xposed-for-android-pie/ and GravityBox from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/app-gravitybox-v9-0-0-beta-1-android-9-t3908768

Hello, I installed from scratch LineageOS 16 (with microG) following these instructions https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP2/install . I also installed Magisk because I need hide feature for my banking app. Until now just one problem : voice synthetiser seems no working. Thanks for the job!

Could be, that the Pico TTS is missing in LOS 16 (Look at this Post and this one). So if you need TTS now, you have to install a TTS App (like the on from Google).

Does the Lineage Updater work now?

Chris

I re-installed LineageOS from scratch earlier today and the first thing I did after booting was try the Updater. I was able to download today’s update then, was led to TWRP to install though. Don’t know if it’s supposed to work this way, but the update succeeded.

1 Like

Thanks!
Yes, looks good!

Chris

2 Likes

Yes, installed the update via updater.

Yes, the updater works now…Thanks!!!

Chris, do you still want to watch the alarm clock and its volume bug?

Steven

Similar behaviour here as well: after rebooting the phone, it often takes a little while until the SIM unlock prompt is displayed. Sometimes, screen lock/unlock helps, but this did not always do the trick here.
Also, the mobile network connection is not available accordingly, I thus deactivated the SIM lock for now.

Yeah, for me the problem is aging :wink:

2 Likes

I just noticed that while charging (regardless of via computer or wall socket), the display won’t completely black out. It will dim down after like 53-54 seconds, but won’t turn all black.
Once I disconnect the charging cable, the display will black out after a minute, just as set in the settings.

Other (chosen) settings: Flight mode activated, automatic display brightness

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal?

Tried twice. Slightly different behaviour each time…

First try: display went fully black after less than a minute.
Second try: display dimmed down after about a minute. Went fully black about 5s later.

No flight mode, automatic display brightness on.

1 Like

Currently my pattern persists. What I have tried in the meantime without a different outcome:

• lifting flight mode
  • deactivating “Wake on plug”
  • deactivating adaptive brightness
  • reboot after each of the above to double make sure each changed setting was really effective (and also of course in order to just give a reboot an unspecific chance)

The pattern is there when charging and it disappears when unplugged.

P.S.: Wild conspiracy guess: Charging level is 95%+. Is keeping the display active a way for the FP2 to let off excess energy? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t think I understood the problem, tbh.

Chris

Hey, for example…

These two settings will make the alarm sound silent.

… and from this setting the alarm clock is heard.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I can confirm that bug.