Lineage-16.0 (Android Pie) Nightly

New build available :slight_smile: working great!

With me, the updatet has worked well :slight_smile:

Confirmed, 20190912 works fine and is highly recommended since it raises the Android security patch level to 5 September 2019.

9 Likes

Confirming lineage-16.0-20190913-nightly-FP2-signed.zip
sha256 as stable. Update went smoothly.

1 Like

successfully installed lineage-16.0-20190914-nightly-FP2-signed.zip :slight_smile:

but to avoid an unnecessary hassle in the future

p.s. I have a 10.1 2014 tablet, which is now unsupported. If understand better the background of building LOS, I want to give it try to make official again.

7 Likes

Hi,

I don’t think this needs to be discussed here. If you want to contribute look at how to build Android.

Chris

Hello,
I’m still having lots of random reboots with LOS 16.0.
In basically every possible situation.
Here’s a download-link to the last
last_kmsg

Thanks in advance!

If i have read your last_kmsg in the right way one of your cpu cores was in trouble.
So maybe your reboots are driven by high cpu temperature. So you can try to tweak your CPU settings. See this post (and forwarded posts): Most sustainable way to replace FP2: Better now then wait until it dies? Opinions?

Hi there,
there more a dozen users in this topic but
https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/issues/937 1
has only two votes.
That affects anyone who uses LOS and Lock Screen, so please vote for it

1 Like

If I get this correctly: It only affects people who use LOS and a lock screen pattern (not PIN or password) and a certain grid size and GApps and Google cloud backup (ouch). That’s why it might get limited attention. Spamming this thread probably won’t change that.

3 Likes

PackElendFairphone Angel

1m

There a lot of and that true but to ensure a nice and easy user experience for standard user.
If I tell other users of my positive LOS experience and you still have the same feature as on stock ROM is required, such tripping hazard must not happen.
Such things are showstoppers, this rumors scars off any standard user.
A standard user may does not LOS flash so I was often contacted to do so for him or her as my function of Angel.

Finally got around to install LOS16. Thanks to everyone involved in this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried as you described in your link. But it didn’t work, had many reboots since then.
Here is a link to some more: last_kmsg.zip
I used to have them quite often with Fairphone Open OS, very seldom with LOS 15, but now with LOS 16 my phone is rebooting at least 10x a day.
Any help would be awesome!

Since I installed LOS 16 yesterday, I had a few observations… not sure if they are going to repeat themselves:

• Was connected to my WiFi (11.ac/n) but unable to connect to the internet. No other device had that problem at that time. I switched to my 2.4Ghz network and then it worked fine again. Weird.
  • Some stability issues with mobile internet when traveling in the bus - went from 4G full bars to nothing and back and forth again. Also weird.
  • The issue that I hoped to overcome by upgrading is that for a few days now my GPS has become very inaccurate and slow. Still the same. Maybe a hardware thing :frowning:
  • I can confirm that I also have problems with 5Ghz WiFi
  • No problems with 4G
  • I can confirm with the latest update problems with GPS, it takes forever for it has a fix.

I can not download the version 20190918 when checking is faulty and manual installation is the file is damaged

3 Likes

I can confirm this problem, it’s exactly the same (just tried through updater, I didn’t try manual installation though) on my FP2 with 20190918. Right after trying, the 20190917 update worked without any problems (I was on 20190916 before).

I can also confirm the GPS-issue, takes a very long time to get a fix.

Before the “boot-issue” I was on 20190818 and GPS worked perfectly. On 20190912 and on 20190916 it takes forever to get a fix if it even succeeds. (Gmaps usually succeeds in getting a rough position, ±2 km, but the excercise-apps usually fail as they need better accuracy)

Yeah, around that time I also started having huge problems - thing is, I was on LOS15.1 at the time. So I suppose it is a “google play services” problem or similar. This has happened before. I think it is not a problem with LOS - or at least, it was the same on LOS15.1 and 16, which is unlikely.

I was on version 20190912 have now on 20190918 update but only until the version 20190917.