Lineage-16.0 (Android Pie) Nightly

TWRP can’t handle the Android 9 encryption, but ADB sideload works without decrypting.

(Did anyone dare to try 20190825?)

Unfortunately I followed the instructions https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP2/install where I read something with sideload and wiped my data without thinking. Now I have a clean phone. Greenhorn mistake :frowning: Positiv: It’s working again.

I hope someone does it and mentions the again working build :-D.

Hey,

I got a strange problem updating this morning with the newest update (25.08.19) of LOS. After starting the update from within the LOS-Updater, it seemed like, that in TWRP everything worked properly. But afterwards the lineageos-bootscreen didn’t stop the animation. After 15 mins I decided to stop the process and repeated the update with the same zip, which I downloaded on my PC and put it on the sd-card in TWRP with the same result.
Finally I could fix it, using the oldest available update from the 21th.
I didn’t tested it with the updates (22 - 24) in between!

So first of all, can anybody confirm this problem?
And second what could be the problem? Damaged build? Or something wrong in the source code?

Hi @bastoGrande, I moved your post here, because your problem already existed with a previous build.

Last known good LOS 16 build is 20190823.

3 Likes

Hey Mark_Looman,
I installed 20190824 from the updater app, what can i do now? It is like you said, it refuses to boot…

Just install the 20190823 build.

Just a quick FYI: Ran into the same boot troubles with 20190824, but simply reverted to my last working version, which was 20190815 in my case. Simply did it with TWRP / Install, navigate do [root]/data/lineageos_updates and choose the latest working version.
No problems down the line, but I do not use gapps

I just did the update (via updater) for 20190825, same result: system is patched, tries to boot into system but end up starting twrp after a couple of minutes.

I’ll gladly test any new packages, if this is of any help…

1 Like

How? I can´t get into TWRP neither connect it to a pc (it can´t see the FP2). When i start the FP2 it just says “Fairphone Powered by Android”…

Please confirm: When you keep Volume + pressed while starting or rebooting the phone, you don’t get into TWRP?

ah, that works, thank you :slight_smile:

I downloaded the latest working version 20190823 from https://download.lineageos.org/FP2 to my laptop.
I connected the FP. Windows installed the drivers automatically and then showed the FP2 internal storage and sdcard (to my happy surprise)!
I copied the zip to the phone, disconnected, booted to TWRP (Vol+ + power) and installed the zip.
Good luck!

PS: If I had done this before tempting the restore, I would probably have got everything back as it was.

2 Likes

I’ve had the same problem with Lineages’ 20190826 (today’s version). Trying to get back to 20190823 right now…

@chrmhoffmann: There’s something wrong, recent builds don’t boot. Any insight?

2 Likes

that helpend for me, did manual flash but also wiped /chache and /dalvik.
I don’t know if the latter caused it but as the phone finally booted into /system I was welcomed
by the initiating phone wizard. All was gone altough I got see eg. WhatsApp folder on the Media partition!
Unfortunately I run also in
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/restore-cloud-backup-3x3-pattern-t3946689

please upvote bug report:

Hi,

I had the exact same issue with 20190826, downgrading to 20190823 using sideload worked.

I did it like this too. But then the gapps were missing…so i installed then in the same way…now it works probably i think. but i had to install everything again, all apps, do all my preferences again… not funny. did you had to do it also Mark_Looman?

Apps and prefs stayed fine here using this way.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I also lost all apps and preferences, since I tried a full restore (twice) beforehand.
But, I also run Titanium Backup regularly, so that restored most apps and settings afterwards.

1 Like

I had the exact same issue with 20190827, downgrading to 20190823 worked. :frowning:

Steven

@chrmhoffmann help us :slight_smile:

2 Likes