Lineage-16.0 (Android Pie) Nightly

Since I prefer apps from F-Droid, I use Termux and the Termux widget to run the script. Works well so far.

In case anyone wants to to the same, more info can be found here and here. The content of my script is just this:

#!/bin/sh
su -c "echo 1 > /sys/devices/mdp.0/qcom,mdss_fb_primary.171/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness"

Of course you need root for this.

1 Like

Just a quick one from me, long-time lurker, just switched to FP2 from Wileyfox Swift (with LOS).

I installed LOS16 on two devices the other day, a clean install and an upgrade from LOS15. Both worked perfect, just as expected. Both devices show the same little bugs that have been identified so far (like WiFi disconnects, a little lag after startup before the SD card is initialised), but its great!

Many thanks to @chrmhoffmann and all forum feedback people!

2 Likes

I’m using the build form 02.06.2019 on my FP2 (with the new camera module) and I have an issue with it: I cannot activate image stabilization for the video camera (the standard app). When I try to, the image freezes instantly and after a while the camera app closed with the message, that the media server has crashed. After restarting the app it continues crashing until I deactivate image stabilization again. Is anyone else facing this issue? Thanks!

1 Like

Just tried this with old camera and i don’t see this.

Anyone with new camera can confirm this?

Chris

1 Like

Just tried it with the new module. Same behaviour. It crashes. I’m on 0614

Edit: will try to get a logcat this evening

Edit2: ok, here’s the Director’s Cut: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8mld2l3k9bsggl/typescript.txt?dl=0

1 Like

That sounds promising! How exactly do you have to install it?

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP2

1 Like

I have the same problem of not functioning auto-rotation. (SatStat also shows nothing, did a clean install of LineageOS 16.)

Any ideas so far on how to proceed?

Can anyone confirm or deny “Wizards Unite” working on LOS16? Doesn’t work on LOS14.1 for me, so this might be the kick to upgrade for me :slight_smile:

You can follow this documentation, it’s fairly well made:

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP2/install

Dirty flashed today and was amazed that everything just worked!

Flashed June 22 and then June 23 and had no problems. But suddenly after powering it on again, I could not log in again.

1. Put in pattern
  2. Screen is black
  3. Lockscreen is showing again

I found some errors in the logcat (attached):

• java.security.InvalidKeyException: Only SecretKey is supported
  • java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to decrypt blob

Logcat: https://pastebin.com/KggPP8h0

A few Pie ROMs for other devices seemed to have this problem too. I would like to know if it only happens when dirty flashing.

I was able to fix it by deleting the lock files in /data/system.
After setting up a new lockpattern, it seemed to work. I removed it, in fear the problem could come back (I don’t own the phone and cannot fix it again if it should happen)

Edit: Elaborate on dirty flash
I flashed LOS16 and Gapps on top of the stock 7.1 Fairphone Firmware (newest one).

What exactly is “dirty flashing”?

Flashing a new system without wiping all the data first.

I flashed LOS16 on top of the Stock Rom (Android 7.1.2 Fairphone OS) without wiping the data.

Everything worked (to my surprise) until the lockscreen issue.

2 Likes

Hi, after being away for some time and now doing a lot of reading I have one major question:

The issue of TRWP+LOS16+Encryption still persists?
So I have to more or less choose (simply speaking) between working backups (via twrp) or having an encrypted phone?
Is there any chance that there will be a new version anytime soon which can handle encryption? (I didn’t find any info on the TWRP page.)

Yes.

Depends.

1. You can try a custom TWRP build which attempts to decrypt Android 8/9 encryption and see whether you’re lucky and it works for you. It has been seen working here and there, but not reliably for everybody.
  2. TWRP backups are working, but if TWRP can’t access the data partition, then the data partition will not be part of a TWRP backup. Be aware that TWRP doesn’t backup the whole data partition anyway, even if it has access to it.
    A backup of the files in an encrypted data partition can be made using other means while Android is running. ADB backup is a simple way, but restoring is a mess. Titanium Backup gets mentioned quite often for any scenario.

I wouldn’t count on it, as currently two experienced community developers tried to get TWRP to decrypt Android 8/9 encryption on the Fairphone 2 and don’t know why it doesn’t work (reliably at least). It seems quite elusive.

3 Likes

Thanks for this extensive and quick answer. And thanks for the link to the twrp backup FAQ. I wasn’t aware of that.

Yes, Wizards Unite works for me, I’m on LOS 16 + OpenGApps pico + iSu (to hide root)
I’m curious why it doesn’t work for you. Do you have root? Is PokémonGo working and Wizards Unite no?

As the 16.0 isnt yet stable and there havent been any updates to 15.1 since the beginning of May, will there be any 15.1 builds with upto date security patches?

16.0 is official and works in general.
Which specific problem do you have or are you referring to?

In my understanding LineageOS officially only supports the current major version for a specific device, so … officially from LineageOS … no.

But it’s Open Source, enthusiasts may still build 15.1 themselves with whatever they are able to add to it.

2 Likes

WU runs fine on 14.1 now - at the time I wrote my question, it simply was not visible in the play store (and direct link just showed “not compatible”).
A few days later, I looked again and it showed and installed fine.
Same on a Galaxy S5 running LOS16 :slight_smile: