LED notifications do not work

Moreover, it is actually a whole chroma LED.

1 Like

LED is the one and only question at both articles of t3n :open_mouth: t3n.de (1), t3n.de (2)

2 Likes

When I figured out the LED is not working I was shocked, after a few days I have to admit though that I am missing it less than I had thought.

4 Likes

The LED-notifications will be fixed in the next update. I contacted support concerning this issue.

so be patient and enjoy the “no led” - no stress feature. :wink:

22 Likes

perfect! How did you get them to say that? They just told me that the LED is not meant for notifications :smiley:
Totally looking forward to less-stress-because-not-constantly-turning-on-phone-to-check-for-possible-notifications :grinning:

3 Likes

Hi,
I opened a supportcase. After some investigation, they told me about the fix in the next update.

10 Likes

You’re a true enlightenment :laughing:

2 Likes

New answer from support:

LED notification for Fairphone 3 is only dedicated to charging statuses. It is unfortunately not a feature to assign LED colors to notifications or other statuses.

We will report your feedback to our developers for future implementations. So maybe in the future, indeed.

2 Likes

LED notification for Fairphone 3 is only dedicated to charging statuses. It is unfortunately not a feature to assign LED colors to notifications or other statuses.We will report your feedback to our developers for future implementations.

yeah, I got the same reply

4 Likes

In which way was this communication you had made? Can you quote (without PII of the CS employee)?

1 Like

Hi, the same employee told me Yesterday that notify LED will only work for loading and it was some kind of false Info. :-/

I do not understand, why the LED ist doing all colors in test, and fail in WhatsApp?!

Perhaps a custom rom will solve this…

This has to be a software issue…?!

yes, it has to be the software. Though I don’t think it’s technically a software “issue” if it was just never implemented because of business decisions.

1 Like

First I got this:
Thanks for your message, and sorry for my late reply!

I checked this with my colleagues in the tech team, and apparently this is a general issue related to the notifications. Our developers are investigating it. We hope to fix it with the next update. Please, wait for it. :slight_smile:

Then:
My colleagues just told me that LED notification for the Fairphone 3 is only dedicated to charging statuses. It is unfortunately not a feature to assign LED colors to notifications or other statuses, so it’s not a bug but a design decision.

I will report your feedback to our developers for possible future implementations. I know we already finished this discussion, but I wanted you to know.

So perhaps we will get it…

8 Likes

I got this

I have to be honest: I don’t know why this feature hasn’t been implemented yet. Many users are asking for it, so I guess our development team is going to do its best to get it to you as far as possible.

So at least they seem to be aware that people noticed it’s missing :slight_smile:

10 Likes

btw, I also asked support if there is some kind of API so I could implement it myself, but as expected they don’t know these technical things on that support level :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Support is very good in my opinion. also a thing to mention. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I can’t believe they did it on purpose. I Hope they will soon fix it with an update

7 Likes

I can’t believe this is true. I’m considering returning the phone to the reseller (while I still can) instead of waiting for an update that may never come. This an absolute dealbreaker for me.

5 Likes

That is the 2nd anti-feature now, I’ve had LED notification and and FM radio on a nokia phone from 10 years ago or so. Maybe we can be glad that there is a LED at all, as it is a “feature” of many phones that it is missing.

But as we’ve learned now, it cannot be a hardware issuse. Also, realitiy is often different from official statements. So, I hope for either an official or unofficial update.

Maybe repeated audio notifications work to not miss anything. But I haven’t tried it yet (with an app or in some system settings), as this can be super annoying.

There is an app “LED blinker” on Google Play, but it doesn’t look too trustworthy to me and even has a “can drain the battery” warning in the app.

4 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Screen FP1 / Ecran FP1