Latest blog posts

Provided you’re boring and ordered a black matte case :wink:

Crazy, but a lot of fun! :wink:

Typical in the film he has a blue matte backcovered phone in his hand?

1 Like

I did note that!!!

I don’t think this is really the first fairphone that will be delivered to an “ordinary” customer. Since there’s also a GPS inside the package and the phone is supposed to take pictures during the delivery. The blue matte cover is probably a prototype or something?

There are actually two phones in the package :smile:
One is taking the pictures: the prototype with the blue cover and one is a real one, neatly packed in its own box, for the first customer

I hope the video came thru a bit; we were inside a huge warehouse and maybe the connection was spotty at times.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Supporting conflict free tungsten in Rwanda

Mining

With Fairphone 2 we continue our journey to open up the supply chain, trace materials back to the source and stimulate responsible sourcing together with our suppliers. For tin and tantalum, we continue to work with traceability initiatives that support mines in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and adjoining countries. For gold, we are progressing with our goal to integrate Fairtrade gold in our supply chain for the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) of the Fairphone 2. In this blog post, we want to share the latest developments regarding the use of tungsten in the supply chain of Fairphone 2…

3 Likes
4 Likes

Nice. Now it’s somehow cool to be waiting for a FP2 that will probably be produced in February (after the 25th of January 2016). :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes
5 Likes

Relevant forum discussion is here:

Also, why not contribute to the community poll?:

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

:warning: Regarding tip 3: Please don’t select a file that is on your SD-card as a ringtone. It won’t end well.

4 Likes

It’s nice that they list the improvements that were provided to change the mine from artisanal (completely manual labor) to more semi-industrial operations. What are the environmental risk involved here, I wonder? How does the washing process work?

Is it possible to get a pdf with all the work and audits that there done here? Most of the information is second hand info on “certificates” and “awards”, but it would be nice to know more about the criterias and the situations on site.

As leaked in recent days, the Fairphone-T-Mobile-Austria deal is official now:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Interesting links / news articles somehow related to FP (collection)

More tips:

2 Likes