Known reproducible and reported issues of the Fairphone 4 - Wikimetadiscussion

Should the point, that the notficitaion sound can’t get set to “none” (see this thread get added?

1 Like

I can set “No sound” for notifications on my Pixel 3 running Android 12. I’m not sure how that was with Android 11. But can’t you configure something in Do Not Distrub to not allow notifications from apps? If that’s what you want?

I guess it’s fine to add this issue, if people can reproduce it, which it seems they can. But for sure it’s a low impact one.

On the FP4 notification sounds for individual apps can’t be set to “None”, compare those two screenshots (both Android 11) and the missing option at the top:

Setting it “None” (“Ohne”) on the Fairphone will actually set it to “Default” (“Standard-Benachrichtigungston”). I’d call that a regression (albeit a low impact one) that definitely should be tracked.
Setting it to “None” globally still works though.

2 Likes

Last release (mid-march) freed VoLTE and WifiCalling, but not 5G (Swiss Sunrise UPC)

Build: FP4.FP3S.A.0103.20220221

Surely whichever ring tone you set you can set the volume to zero and have the same effect as None ?

This is about silencing only specific notifications and not all of them. Setting the notification sound to “None” globally works already.
It’s also not possible to set ringtone and notification volume separately, which makes this not a very practical solution.

2 Likes

I’m a bit late to the party cause I saw the posts only now. A few remarks from my side as a mod:

Merging should only be done when the topics are new and with a few posts. From experience, merging two big topics will only bring a big mess. It’s not so much a problem to have multiple topics that deal about different topics, as far as they are all linked to one principle topic that explains well the issue. This principle topic should IMO be the one in the issues list, as it’s done currently.
Just flag or ask to moderators to merge as soon as you deem it necessary, and we’ll look into it. We can’t be looking everywhere :slight_smile: As TL3+ you can also recategorize and edit titles and tags yourself, so don’t hesitate to do so, it’s helpful! I mainly try to keep topics in the right categories and try to avoid duplicate tags, but if you feel like adding the right tags to the right topics, please do so.

Haha, I see we’re doing the same :joy: Honestly, I just try to remember from memory, use tags and categories to find faster, try to remember dates and users who posted and I usually find it with the good filters in the search (the search is tricky to use, but once you understood how it works, it works great).

Not sure which changes you’re expecting. I feel like the current tagging system is already good, and improvements should be brought by how we use it.
Just a note: if ever you wish to join two duplicate tags, please warn the mods. We can set tags as synonyms so that they get automatically replaced, or do batch edits on topics. Discourse offers hundreds of moderating options, you might want to ask the mods first if the option you’re looking for doesn’t already exist :wink:

Edit: Typos

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.