Issues with the forum

More goodies brought to us by Leo:

:community_round: and :community_square:

:community_round:    and    :community_square:

We briefly considered these before, quite a while ago, but while there wasn’t much interest expressed back then, no one seemed to really oppose them then either. So I asked Leo to add them now and hope they can be useful.

Thanks @leomakkinje! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Proposal for “Year in Review” plugin

I think the event plugin (Agenda) currently has a time issue. When I put in the time from Aachen’s next event (18:00 to 20:00) and confirmed this, the plugin would eventually add one hour: 19:00 to 21:00. I was only able to get the right time by entering a time slot one hour early (17:00 to 19:00).

I suspect this is currently the case with Grenoble, too? @LowMemory

2 Likes

The next Aachen meeting will be after time change…maybe thats the reason?

3 Likes

Yes, you are totally right: I had to (re)set meeting hours one hour early (18:00 to 21:00) to see 19:00 to 22:00 on forum after save.

I confirm that too. :slight_smile:

I cannot see this time “unshift” behavior when setting meeting hours before (French) hour change (of March 27),
It happens only after March 27 for me.

2 Likes

So … I’m not sure now. Is this a bug? Should we report it? After all this might be happening every six months.

I see the Daylight Saving Time switch in the USA happened just last sunday, so maybe this setting can just be changed for our forum?

P.S.: I vaguely remember we had a similar issue with a Hamburg event a while ago, but haven’t found the discussion yet. @Ingo?

P.P.S.: Found it: 🇩🇪 Treffen in Hamburg für alle Fairphoner*innen - #532 by Smojo and following (German, sorry) – a 2 hour difference here though.

UPDATE: I have reported this to Forum Admin Support.
UPDATE 2: No immediate remedy according to Leo. Recommends to research on meta.discourse.org

For the time being, I would like to urge everyone posting an event to always include the time slot of the event in the text of the first/original post (in addtion to the plugin data) and ideally also in the most recent reply in order to clarify things. This will also help to allow other forum members to quickly spot discrepancies and fix them.

Let’s also have a look at the current events again on Sunday, 27 March 2022. :slight_smile:

UPDATE (21 March 2022): Right now I entered the event information for the Kiel video meetup and I did not need to enter a wrong time to get the right time – it worked without manipulation.

1 Like

Just to let others know: I made some minor edits (most notably: “Fairphone Forum” → “Fairphone Community Forum”) to the permanently pinned Welcome post and added a German translation.

4 Likes

I added a French translation and added an option to jump to each language on the top :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shouldn’t this favicon also be used for the main Forum icon:

as in this lousy mockup:

?

3 Likes

Used to have that one, now I have the less attractive round one with hands, well blobs.

An F would be usefull. Even Ff

This issue has been resolved with the new theme.

5 Likes

A couple of days ago I noticed that posts in the category “Market-Offer/Search” didn’t show up under Latest when logged in. I thought perhaps it was related to the Forum Maintenance of Friday the 20th.
Then I realized that categories may be Muted, and in the Preferences that turned out to be the case for “Market”, and also for “Uncategorized”. I never muted anything on purpose though.
So I’m wondering if I somehow may have selected the category and clicked on the bell icon and changed to Mute inadvertently – without noticing? Not very likely, I’d say, esp. with “Uncategorized”.
Are there other ways in which this can happen (too) easily?
Or could there perhaps be a connection with the Forum Maintenance after all?

1 Like

If you can reproduce the issue – have a look if in between “all categories” and “Categories”, the tag selector is set to “all tags”? (if not, this might explain it)

I noticed that the Forum sometimes is not getting loaded in the browser. The loading bar stuck at 30% or doesn’t even show up. Got that issue on FPOS and on LOS20. I’m using Fennec wich is a rebuild from Firefox. Can’t say if it’s a fault of the browser because I don’t like working with others. Somebody experienced the same problem?

1 Like

Yes, I’ve got that problem too. Firefox stays at “Connection not secure”. Try reaching the forum via private mode, it works totally fine, at least for me. I’ve cleared browser data but the problem persists.

I still think it’s somehow a Firefox issue on Android. Opening the forum parallely in Firefox on my notebook works totally fine. Funny enough just yesterday I experienced this when trying to open https://iode.tech, but it’s mostly the forum making trouble.

1 Like

Ok, will try that the next time it’s happening.

Yeah it happens only with Fennec and I think so far only with the forum. I can use Ecosia when it happens, without issues…

I have the same issue on regular Firefox (and Firefox Nightly).

Sometimes force-closing and cleaning the cache helps, but sometimes I have to switch to Chromium, which always works …

Since they also use Discourse as a forum software, might that have something to do with it? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, probably a combination of Firefox related browsers and discourse forum. I’ve not had the problem yet on FP4 using Vivaldi (but neither on mint using Firefox).
Hope it’ll disappear after next discourse update which will probably happen soon.