Issue making apps work with microG

That’s what I was going to suggest.

OMG… I don’t know what’s the issue. So I guess the best we can do is invoke Tingle’s author @ale5000 here

For reference, I’ll quote the screenshot here:

1 Like

I found the solution (not the problem) I was extracting the files of the tingle inside the adb folder and running it from there. I tried including the path of the ADB in the command and running it from the Tingle folder and it ran smoothly.

set PATH=%PATH%;C:\python27\
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\python36
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\adb

EDIT: System Spoof, GmsCore and Phonesky signatures are now OK. Now the apps are opening normaly without warnings, etc.

1 Like

@osilvab: Yes, the errors similar to “system cannot find the file” are usually related to missing dependencies or dependencies in the wrong place.
I will improve the situation in the future, but currently the best approach is include the adb folder in the system path environment variable.

@Roboe: Tingle work on almost all versions of Python from 2.4 to 3.6
I cannot test on every build currently but I believe it work.
It use my compatibility library: PyCompatLayer

2 Likes

Great to know! As I said, that was a guess and a blind shot, because I only tested in Py3.

Also, great library you had there, it may solve a lot of issues with Python versioning, :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have created it when was I started working on Tingle so I can reuse it in all my Python apps, it is still largely incomplete but work perfectly for simple apps.
The final goal is to write a program as you would for Python 3.6 but make it working automatically in all versions of Python (in the future I hope to reach also Python 2.1).

2 Likes

Yeah, in web development we call that a polyfill. In other development areas it’s called a shim, though it seems to be more specific to the implementation. I tell you this just in case you want to improve your project’s SEO, :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 183 days. New replies are no longer allowed.