Is there any alternative to the default Dialer app - that works on FP3?

It’s not intended for Fairphone OS.
It only has bugs when it has bugs in LineageOS, I would say :wink: .

Is there some feature of Simple Contacts you really need?
Can you for testing purposes try Contacts 1.7.31 by LineageOS from APKMirror? I’m using that one without problems so far.

Make sure you have a backup of your contacts when playing around with contact Apps.

1 Like

Yes. Setting the birthday of the contact. I couldn’t set it in LineageOS Contacts.

OK, I did it. The situation is the same. To call someone, I have to choose between the orange Dialer (not working properly) and the blue 3D Phone. Even if I am concerned about privacy with Phone, this time I selected it and the call was done without problems. At any case, I am guessing that the solutions I provided in my previous post make use of Phone silently.

By the way, are Lineage OS applications fully free software? Why they cannot be found in F-Droid? One thing that disturbed me is that in LineageOS Contacts > Settings > About Contacts > Terms of Service you are redirected to Google Terms of Service webpage.

1 Like

Why would that be disturbing?
Every Android OS including every Custom ROM is based on AOSP. And AOSP is mainly from Google.

My understanding would be that basic Apps like the Dialer and Contacts in LineageOS are the AOSP variants with perhaps minor tweaks or patches. Which means …

Because the LineageOS project does not have intellectual control over them.

I’ve installed Contact 1.7.31 and Phoen from LineageOS, and I get a problem with the phone app.

It seems i can’t accept in-call (When i click, nothing happens), and when I start a call with this, the call is launched but the app failed. And I can’t relaunch these (by example, I must use “Fly mode” to turn off the call).

Would anyone here would have an idea ?

@Yaeghs: I think the solution is to go to Settings->Apps & Notifictions -> Default apps and choose (Lineage) Phone as the Phone app.

Tell me if it does not work, I am sure I reproduced the issue and I solved it.

Dear everyone,

I don’t know if you tried but “Simple Mobile Tools” (which makes all the open-source “Simple XXXXX” apps) has made a “Simple Dialer” app too.

It would probably fit in well for those of you that use “Simple Contacts” or “Simple Contacts Pro”.

Best regards,

Swiss-fairphone