English

Is the FP3 significantly better than the FP2?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f05daf1e1e0>

Known issue. If it happened within 1,5 years after you bought it, you can issue a warranty claim.

Not sure about this one. I’m quoting it because my intention is not to downplay it.

Have you tried #batteryguide?

I’d like to remind people that no smartphone (or even dumbphone) is perfect. If you read reviews, almost all of the smartphones have downsides and bugs.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who replied to this topic. To cut a long story short, this morning I ordered a Fairphone 3. Thanks especially to @brunoenten who put it best, saying:

This was the response I wanted, and needed, really: a recognition of the significant problems the FP2 had, and a confirmation that the FP3 has largely fixed them. I don’t need the best performance phone on the market, I just want one that has been fairly sourced and manufactured without exploitation. I’m ok with paying a premium for that. But I do need a phone that works. Fingers crossed that this is this one! But whatever happens, congrats to Fairphone for making this dream at least possible. :slightly_smiling_face:

PS. With a friends & family €25 discount code, plus the €40 eventual trade-in for my old FP2, this also becomes a significantly more affordable €385 phone.

10 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: My 6 months with my FP2 have been a BAD experience

it was the same for me, the phone crashed and restarted all the time, lost its mobile signal at least once a week, the camera needed up to 10sec until it could take a picture, the battery sometimes didn’t even had enough power for a day, etc.
So I bought the new FP3.
I’m quite happy with it, it does not have any of the problems of the FP2. It’s slightly bigger, the battery lasts usually for two days and I haven’t seen a single crash since the last two months.
But it has google on it, too bad.

Until more open OSes might become available for the Fairphone 3 …

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Leaving a movement (FP3 Era)

Thanks - I know about that. But I just don’t want to play around for way too much time with the phone, only that it behaves, as it should.
In my perfect dream world, you would have a privacy-friendly phone by default. And if you’d like to have all that google/facebook/whatsapp/andsoon crap on it, you would have to do all the research and playing-around to get all that.
But, since I’m not in politics or in any other group, which can decide about such stuff, I’m afraid I have to live with all these privacy disadvantages. (Until I decide, to work on that topic on a daily or weekly basis with my phone.)