Introducing topic templates for the market subcategories

Dear forum members,

We have introduced templates for the #market subcategories,
They are meant to make transactions easier by presenting all necessary information right at the start and ordered by questions.

We value your input and experience. Please have a look and check them out (but don’t post any test topics please :wink:)! We are looking forward to hearing your feedback, and even more so if you think they should be improved.

Your Moderators :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just in case anyone else (like me) doesn’t “find” the templates right away: Just enter one of the four subcategories (“Giveaway”, “Buy”, “Swap”, “Sell”) and then hit “+ New Topic” to see each template. Just do not “publish” it ("+ Create Topic").

I think we used to have such templates before and in my memory people kept posting both their own text and the template instructions/questions eventually. Might have to live with that now, too.

4 Likes

You are right, I did a quick search and found this topic. I wasn’t aware.

I think the only way to know whether there is a difference and whether it’s a good idea is making them live and see what happens.

2 Likes

I think it’s a great idea - curious to see if it’ll improve things. It may save @Lidwien the hassle of repeatedly asking for date & time pictures!

How about adding an instruction for OPs to mark their threads with SOLD or GONE or FOUND ONE when a transaction has been completed? We don’t want to overwhelm people with a wall of text, but it would make it easier to see which threads can be closed and it prevents that situation where a market thread just turns into a chain of people asking “hey is this still for sale I’m interested”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

After some time, these templates being use by some number of users, I would rather conclude to a success, and would keep them.
Do you agree?

• Yes
  • No
  • Different opinion

0 voters

Wouldn’t it be better if the link to community moderators in the templates would lead to the automatically created group list at https://forum.fairphone.com/g/moderators or perhaps just be replaced by @ moderators?

1 Like

Yes, why not!

We would rather not get tagged in each post, and if you mean keeping the space then it hasn’t much interest.

Also, for my poll, it’s a poll about whether keeping the templates or not at all, any suggestions for modifications are of course welcome at any time!

2 Likes

Fully agree, the link is better and results in a prominent MESSAGE button right at the top.

2 Likes

Took me some time to think about it, but it’s done :wink:

2 Likes

Reviving this topic as I see a lot of comments in the market section of this type:

Hello, I can’t work out how to direct message. I am interested in the phone.

although it is clearly written in the template:

NB: If you are interested and want to send a direct message, please check how-to-dm.

Should we change it to something else more understandable? Put it higher?
Perhaps we should write:

If you want to contact the user and don’t manage, please check the guide how-to-dm.

Or put directly the conditions:

To be able to send a direct message to the user, you will need to reach trust level 1 by entering/opening at least 5 topics, reading at least 30 posts and spending a total of 10 minutes reading posts.

6 Likes

May as well use the last option, as it seems some people, including me, skip some text.

4 Likes

I’m for the last/third option as well because it includes a direct link to the relevant information.

4 Likes

Another vote for Option 3 hoping at least some more will read the entire instructions of the template

2 Likes

Third option for me as well.

2 Likes

Change done! :slight_smile:
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

3 Likes

This only requires reading, comprehension and following links on the internet.
This is fail-safe in every imaginable way :slight_smile: .

4 Likes