Edit the #market template to hide text by default

I think we should hide the #market’s template text by default, because obviously many first-time forum users come directly to the market and don’t know how to edit the post and delete the text.

I just deleted tens of posts that had no content except the template and edited lots more that still had the template text mixed up with the offer/request text.

My suggestion:

<!--This post in: _[Deutsch, Español, Francais, Italiano, Nederlands](https://forum.fairphone.com/t/please-help-to-translate-the-market-category-post-templates/30031)_

Please remove/change this text, but leave the line at the bottom intact

When posting a new request please include:

• Fairphone type/part desired
  • Condition
  • Your approximate location

If you were successful, please return to this message and change the title of your topic to add [HAVE IT] to the start.

Comments are closed on this topic. If interested, please contact me in a personal message.–>

^^ You don’t see anything up there. ^^
But if you edit the post you see this:

<!--This post in: _[Deutsch, Español, Francais, Italiano, Nederlands](https://forum.fairphone.com/t/please-help-to-translate-the-market-category-post-templates/30031)_

**Please remove/change this text, but leave the line at the bottom intact**

When posting a new request please include:
* Fairphone type/part desired
* Condition 
* Your approximate location

If you were successful, please return to this message and change the title of your topic to add [HAVE IT] to the start.-->

I’d leave the Comments are closed on this topic. If interested, please contact me in a personal message. part out of the <!-- --> section, but maybe we should drop the -----, because if the poster doesn’t leave space between their text and the ----- that can result in something like this:

Text in full justification about the request. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla. Blablabla.

Comments are closed on this topic. If interested, please contact me in a personal message.

2 Likes

@Douwe :grey_question:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.