Internal speaker automatically deactivates while listening to WhatsApp voice-messages

Hi everyone, sorry in advance for my bad english – hope you’ll understand me anyway.
I have this issue with the WhatsApp voice-messages: when I listen to them putting the FP3 on my ear, the internal speaker automatically deactivates after exactly 10 seconds, and the sound comes out from the loud speaker.
It feels like the proximity sensor shuts down after 10 secs.
This is just happening with WhatsApp, while Telegram or phone calls work properly.

Do you have any advice?
Thanks for the attention.

vins

6 Likes

I have exactly the same problem. I don’t think that the proximity sensor is being deactivated, because although the sound is heard through the external speaker after ten seconds, the voice message only stops playing when the ear is separated from the phone, at which point the screen turns on again.

Sometimes this doesn’t happen, but when it happens to me once, it keeps happening all the time. I’m not sure if it’s after using headphones or not… :thinking:

WhatsApp also gives me other problems, like frozen screens, or sometimes it changes the notification sound for a much louder and annoying one, which sometimes alternates with the one I have selected by default without any sense. It’s annoying and strange :roll_eyes:

As usuall, these problems are solved with a reboot.

1 Like

I have the same problem, audio using headphones just work fine, the only work around is rebooting the device.

I also have this problem, and have to keep pressing play to hear the whole message. Restarting the phone didn’t help for me, though.

Also have the same problem. restarting didn’t work. Should we reinstall WhatsApp?

Same problem here. Reboot didn’t help :frowning:

Did anyone find a fix for the issue of Whatsapp messages deactivating on the internal speaker after 10 seconds and passing to external loudspeaker? Perhaps doing a factory reset?

1 Like

It happened to me again recently, but worked again another day. Now I’m not sure if I may have restarted the phone between attempts.

1 Like

Hello, I have the same issue. Any recommendation? Did rebooting help?

This is still happening to me sometimes :confused:

I have exactly the same issue, and rebooting does not help. It happens to me most of the times.
And Whatsapp does not work properly many times when I have a lot of apps open - frozen screen, does not respond to command and so on. So it is quite annoying!

Me too, exactly the same behavior described in the first post. Any guess anybody?
Thank you,

Matteo

Me too, same problem :persevere:

Same issue here. Is FP gonna fix this anytime soon?

I was able to check this bug several times this week and it seems that in my FP3 it is already solved: I hear all the audio from the internal speaker (although I still feel like a small “cut” in the sound when reaching 10 seconds, but before in that “cut” the sound changed to the external speaker, now it remains in the internal one).

But I only checked it 4 or 5 times (I’ve been playing whatsapp audios with the external speaker only for months), I’ll try to keep an eye on whether it’s completely solved :slight_smile:

Same here - super annoying

Wouldn’t it be a problem with the calibration of the proximity sensor? (You should be able to calibrate it somewhere in the settings; SettingsMaintenance perhaps)

Extremely annoying, exact same thing. Rebooting doesn’t work. It happened as soon as I bought it then got fixed (or so I assumed as it started working just fine). Now I’ve been having the same problem again from some time. Someone with a solution?

Updating to Android 10 solved the problem!

3 Likes