🇬🇧 Interesting links / news articles somehow related to Fairphone

8 Likes

I love this idea so much!

Ethical and environmental rankings of 20 mobile phone brands

Interesting information even without subscribing.

3 Likes

It’s actually not an article but a project that provides a single installer to flash different alternate OSes on smartphones.

From a quick reading it supports FP2 and FP3 and at least Lineage and /e/.

It does come with this warning though

Warning: This application is currently in early alpha state, so use at your own risk! I take no responsibility for bricked devices or dead SD cards.

6 Likes

In the German counterpart to this topic attention was brought to the following …

8 Likes

Well, at some point this was to be expected. However, I do think that seven years is indeed a very good result, considering many vendors don’t even provide more than 1-2 years of updates.

4 Likes

I guess they need the resources still working on the FP2 for other “projects”, so its a bit sad, still completely understandable.

2 Likes

If they would transfer the in-house software development from the Fairphone 2 to the Fairphone 5, it would be a win for the Fairphone 5 in my book.
How they go about issues and updates on the Fairphone 2 seems to me to work out better overall than the outsourcing done for the successors.

6 Likes

Rossmann has found comprehensive schematics for the Fairphone 4 on the Fairphone website, which he likes.
I wasn’t aware of their existence, when were they uploaded? And is there something similar for the Fairphone 3?

11 Likes
  • It runs on Android 9

Might feel like it, but yeah, they didn’t research that one very thoroughly, did they :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

19 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion on greenwashing and others

3 Likes

Fairphone receives €49 million investment

Press release (PDF, 2 pages) | Source (Twitter), screenshot below

Noud Tillemans is Fairphone’s CFO

2023-01-31_121531_twitter.com

13 Likes

Now Fairphone has enough money to get two or three more employees for their support! :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Only reason for the funding is that they can afford @z3ntu :joy:. Worth every penny.

8 Likes

I think I can publicly state that I’m not the sole recipient of this money :money_mouth_face::rofl:

6 Likes

https://www.androidpolice.com/fairphone-4-android-12-update/

2 Likes

Check your forum… I’ve just read a recent post of someone wanting to repair their FP2… most parts NOT available in the FP shop… the irony!

Don’t blame me :wink: I’m just sharing an article.

1 Like