Installed an alternative launcher, many times I got asked which launcher to prefer

Hi,

Context

• I have an FP3.
  • I installed an alternative launcher: Launcher<3.
  • I made it the default launcher.
  • I deactivated the initial launcher: Quickstep.
  • I have a very few apps installed, and I only installed one alternative launcher.

Problem
Many times, when going back to the homepage (via the button in the bottom bar), Android asks me which launcher I wish to set.

It happens about 2 to 4 times a day I’d say.

It proposes me Launcher<3 or Quickstep.

It apparently sets Quickstep as a default because when I, everytime, select Launcher<3, I see the homepage updating its display from an empty interface with a Google button to my usual interface.

I have not seen anyone share this issue here. Though, am I alone?
Any idea besides reseting the phone? (which I did recently as I came back from /e/)

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Do make your choice with “Always” then?

Yes, I sure do. :+1:

And everytime, by the way.

To permanently activate an alternative launcher/3rd party launcher under Android 10, go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > Default apps > Start app and select the launcher there.
Any other action is only temporary.

If the launcher crashes, Android will unset it as the default launcher. That may also be why you get asked multiple times, even if you are sure you answered “Always”.

7 Likes

Oh, I very like this idea. Seems to me very plausible.
Thanks, I would have not think this way by myself!

1 Like

Be sure to disable battery optimisation for the launcher, it may get stopped otherwise.

No, normally tapping on “Always” when android asks you which laucher to use should set this launcher as the default.
But sure, always better to check.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.