Impossible to associate an image stored in the phone with a contact

Hello all,

When I try to associate (through the contacts app) a phone contact stored in the phone with an image also stored in the phone, I get a warning saying that no image is stored on the phone, whereas there are some ! Thus I cannot associate any image to a contact…
No problem by associating the contact with a photography directly taken wity the camera (w/o being stored elsewhere in the phone) through the contacts app…

Do you have an idea of what is happenning ? Maybe the contacts app doesn’t search the pictures at the right place ? (but I didn’t change the default images directory)

Note that this worked a while ago. I suspect that the migration to Android 7 made that feature crash. Btw, it was also impossible to remove a photo association done before the Android 7 migration, unless removing and re-adding the contact.

So if you have an idea of what can be wrong, please tell me
Thanks for your help
Regards,
M. L.

Does it work the other way around - meaning if you go to the gallery app, navigate to the picture and then select “set as”?

1 Like

Yes, it works by proceeding like that… :confused:

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.