Similar issue for me. Hoping for some insights, will post this as a repair request as well.
- Keypad: letters furthest to the right on keypad do not react at all, tap-hold is impossible for letters near the problem area. Installing and uninstalling different keypad apps has no effect.
- Phone: often impossible to reply by swiping to the right, the swipe ends before hitting the "pick-up" symbol. Sometimes managing after 3-7 swipes.
- "Side-swipe" menu from the right is not available at all.
- Occasional severe "ghost-touch" behaviour, phone starts swiping menus, opening and closing apps, writing messages etc without any input from me. Has happened 3 times now, reboot is only remedy. Have a 3 minute video of this for anyone interested.
Root problem (as far as I have investigated it): The whole right hand side of the screen has a vertical row of "dead" or glitchy touchpoints. It seems there is some problem with horizontal mapping next to it as well. See linked pictures for difference between left and right side of screen (screenshots from touchscreen test app). I made some geometric patterns by hand to illustrate the problem.
(Diagonal ZigZag)(Spiral doodles)(Small zigzags)
Note following in pictures:
- It's impossible to reach all the way to the right edge of the screen, there is a "border" of approx. 6mm which is completely "dead".
- Next to the right side "border" there seems to be very low touch resolution, giving approx. 10mm of horizontal lines where I have made rounded shapes or diagonal lines.
I also tried multitouch and there it goes really bad, probably one root to erratic behaviour. Since there are dead touchpoints, one finger often is interpreted as two touches or a hold+tap when near the right edge.
Have tried to reboot, battery removal reboot, remove screen and clean contact points. HW failure?