I’ve postposed this post many times. Because I really want to like my FP1 but now I have to let it out. I wouldn’t sell it to my worst foe. In fact, I find it hard to even give to anyone with a straight face.
The problems are too multiple for me to write them all here, but shortly:
- it’s slooooow. Opening apps is one thing but even normal operation can take time
- the gps is slow and often not correct. Sometimes it adjusts itself if I shake the phone but not always
- the camera is terrible
- even with very modest use the battery can only last a day
- when I connect FP to the charger it often doesn’t connect and I have to reconnect it several times before it’s start charging. And even then it may not fully recharge. And I need a 100% charged battery or it will NEVER last a day
- just now (and this was the final straw) I can’t find the function in Google Maps that can guide me to a specific address. Now there might be a simple solution to this (although I can’t find it) but the long story short is that having a FP has been one challenge after another.
I don’t know if I will get bulldozed for not rejoicing in the wonders of FP but I had an iPhone before and as much as I take issues with Apple… it worked.
I wish FP all the best. It’s a wonderful and worthwhile project but a lot needs to happen before I’m coming back.