How install Fairphone OS on samsung

Hi everybody,

I am very interested by Fairphone.

My question is to know if is it possible to install this OS on an old Samsumg Galaxy Core Prime, and how to do it if it’s possible ?

Thanks for your answers.

Hi Pierre,
I don’t know, but I don’t think, that this would work.
But it is probably possible to install a Lineage version at your Samsung Galaxy. I have done that on a Galaxy S5 and it looks quite similar to the LOS at my FairPhone2. At both phones it is the Lineage Android version 7.1.2, of course specified to the respective phone.

2 Likes

May I ask why you want to install Fairphone Open OS on a Samsung?
Fairphone (Open) OS was designed specifically for the Fairphone and I doubt it will ever work on any other phone. But it’s basically just plain Android. Open OS is a G%§$e-free Android, if that is what you are looking for check if Lineage OS has been ported for your device.
Installing a Fairphone OS on a different phone won’t make it any fairer, because the OS is not what makes the Fairphone fair.

2 Likes

I don’t think it would work because besides the plain OS there are drivers included to access the screen, the camera, the microphone, and so on.

These are all different for each device and sometimes when the model or the vendor changes for a spare part it will need a special driver which is delivered with the specific OS for your device (slightly simplified).

Thanks for your answers.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.