How do I uninstall an APN? (Giffgaff APN settings)

I have changed from O2 to Giffgaff. Giffgaff require me to manually install the APN settings which I have done. But I can not get onto the internet. So they recommend removing other APNs. I cannot see how to do this. Can anyone tell me how to do it.

take a look at apn-profile

Thanks. This tells me how to add an APN but not how to uninstall one. Does anyone know how to do this?

Click on the APN you want to delete and press the menu button. You will have two options (“save” and “delete”).

I have tried this. I have save and discard. If I click discard nothing happens and the APN stays there.

OK, I see what you mean now. I created a new APN and then I had three options:

• Delete APN
  • Save
  • Discard

What if you erase all the content of the various fields?

Edit: I found this (in a quick online search) on xda dev:

[quote]You have to be rooted to delete them.

/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

Delete the telephony.db file in the above location using a root explorer. This will clear your 2 APNs.

Then you can either manually create the APNs, or “reset to default” to rebuild the standard ones.[/quote]

Our advantage: The FP is rooted on default so you only need a root browser like Open Explorer Beta and navigate to the directory mentioned above.

just googled your problem.

You should be able to change / delete/ … your apns withe the giffgaff app on play store: giffgaff

I’ve used the app which was helpful but I have had to vary the settings one by one until I now have it working and am connected to the internet. So I do not have exactly what giffgaff recommends but it works.

Should it be this difficult?

Could you share your exact setup with us, so it can help others with the same troubles? :blush: