Holder / stand for the fairphone 3

So due to lack of desired accessory for the fairphone, which is a flip case that can stand, I made my own solution, it’s very simple and can be attached to a key ring.
Materials are recycled canvas wood, cotton string and linseed oil to cure the wood. No idea what type of wood it is but it is quite soft to work with.

37 Likes

Should two of this stand be better for the Fairphone’s construction?

1 Like

Genius . . . Nice job.

1 Like

Yes two would make it more stable, especially at steep angle, but the second stand has to be left-sided. With that said it is very usable with just one stand if the surface is flat and hard…

2 Likes

Is it not possible to use it on the other side with the ‘smily side’ upside down?

I love it :heart: though you should never make a picture of your key.

2 Likes

Thanks fortunately it’s not a key for my house door :smile:

1 Like

It really reminded me Rudi and Bear’s Ned (which is 24/7 sold out according to my partner).

Would you sell the stand?

Would not be possible because of the angle of the cut.

2 Likes

I will, I’m just thinking to make it a bit longer for better stability, and how big to make the cut to account for a protective case. Also, as I mentioned above it is right-sided only.

1 Like

Looks very 3D-printable :slight_smile:

That’s correct. But printed plastic can imho never ever be comparable to real wood…

1 Like

I have a genial table dock for my FP2 (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3287532), which really improves the sound. I wait for somebody who creates a similar table dock for FP3

2 Likes

I’ve build a table dock for the Fairphone 3, but still prototype. Here is the topic: Fairphone 3 table dock/stand with amplifier

1 Like

Hi schmulschubiak
I am very interested in this outcome and would buy one of you if it works (don’t have access to a 3D printer around here). Let me know - thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.