Has anybody received the latest security update yet?

Which one exactly? WiFi hotspot? Bluetooth tethering?
How about after turning the phone off (really shutting it down, no simple reboot) and turning it on again?

Wifi hotspot.
I didn’t known that there is a difference between reboot and start after shut down. But even with a “real shut down”, it doesn’t work : my PC successfully connects to wifi but not to the internet (no ping).

Hi LeeRoy,

I have just checked it with my FP3 (which also has the October patch level) and my Wi-Fi hotspot works like a charm.

So this must be some issue with third party software oder network settings. What kind of computer are you connecting from, PC or Mac? Are you using a firewall? Any specific error messages except for not being connected?

Best wishes, Thomas

4 Likes

Thanks for testing.
My PC, booted with windows 10 or a linux, can not used my hotspot to ping something. But this PC can used the my wife’s hotspot to used internet. This PC had used my hotspot the week before the update :frowning:
Do you know who to reset this hotspot ?

SOLVED.
I need to add “dun” in APN type : “default,dun,supl,mms”

6 Likes

Today i got the December update. Maybe they are up to speed right now and have enough time for open os? Just a late Christmas wish :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What’s the patch level? Is it December?

1 Like

Did you get your FP3 from the Fairphone Shop or from a reseller?

I’m asking because FP3 batches at resellers (sold before Fairphone delivered FP3 to its own customers) still need a firmware fix (actually forecast for the first quarter of 2020).

Yes, patch level December. I got my phone from the Fairphone shop, end of November

5 Likes

I also have already received the December update. :partying_face: I got my phone directly from Fairphone early November. Install went smooth!

I changed the topic title because this is not about October anymore.
Got the update, too. It’s nice to see things are seemingly moving into gear now.

2 Likes

Are updates now rolled out in batches? I cannot seem to be able to retrieve this one yet. It doesn’t require a Google Play Store account, does it?

Update: Ah, nevermind … I guess this confirms it:

Funny, I have the September update and the update manager says no update available…

Currently I’m on October patch level and no updates available

I can confirm I also got the December update yesterday. I was surprised the update got this quick. I guess they had some backlog of stuff to do, and have caught up. Just a wild guess.

December update FP3 A.0105 received today :sunglasses:

5 Likes

OTA URL for the newest (A.0105) update: https://android.googleapis.com/packages/ota-api/fairphone_fp3_fp3/eab40c208c6bd6899b51e7103822972d7a40336c.zip

6 Likes

If some of you have followed the instructions in this thread Google Apps keep reinstalling/ reactivating and have difficulties in getting the update, this may be of interest for you …

2 Likes

Debating installing this December update. Based on experience does anyone know if a security update in the Fairphone ecosystem can risk preventing/delaying the ability to root the phone/flash lineage when the ability to do so is released?

1 Like

Rooting the phone or flashing alternative OSes should have nothing to do with the Fairphone OS security patch level.

Rooting the phone shouldn’t rely on something a security update could change (keeping an old patch level to get or keep root would be a very unhealthy combination potentially exposing the phone to big security risks), and flashing LineageOS would replace Fairphone OS including its security updates anyway, most likely using a custom recovery program.

5 Likes