Grey FP 4 256 GB, 8 GB RAM

What product(s) are you offering?

Fairphone 4, grey, 256 GB, 8 GB RAM

At what price are you willing to sell or give it/them (for free/fixed/negotiable)?

600 Euro (including posting)

From where would you be shipping (country or city)?

Finland

Photo(s) of the product(s) (if it is a phone, please include a photo of the phone switched on displaying the current date):

Other, remarks:

I unfortunately just didn’t like it after all. The phone is completely fine and I can provide the original packaging if needed/wanted. Parcel will be sent in a repack bag.

NB: If you are interested and want to send a direct message, please check #how-to-dm.
Be aware, that cross-border shipment of batteries outside a phone is virtually impossible for individuals.

1 Like

Isn’t it possible to ship it back within 30s days because The EU made that required

1 Like

Unfortunately I had it a bit too long for that.

1 Like

If you can be bothered, it may be useful to others to know, what you didn’t like!
Well anyway, I’d like to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suppose a lot of it is personal haptic preference (I really have some issues using the touchscreen), which is of course quite an obstacle for a smartphone. Unfortunately I was not able to test it beforehand and really wanted to have a longterm and sustainable solution for a phone.
On top of that there have been mostly small things adding up: the unsure SoC support span, problematic camera and bluetooth performance on aftermarket ROMs and some of the smaller reported issues like the screen dimming function in very dark or bright situations. All in all I wanted to make it work but after a short while it started feeling like a bit much for an 650+€ phone…

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

You’re right it can be a bit much viewed from a monetary perspective. Luckily I went for the Fair Trade motive, so what I get is what I deal with. Plus I have the FP3+ at less than £400 with no problems, if you discount that some are disgruntled with the lowest level of screen brightness when using adaptive brightness, which I find fine.

That was an historic issue.

SoC support ~ what were you concerned about? The FP2 has just been updated after six years to reach A10 and there are other options for the FP2

My daughter thinks the camera is good even with the default app, let alone Nikita, for example.

I won’t go on to contrary your experiences, each their own.

Hope you find what you are looking for . . .

1 Like

I don’t know - it still feels quite off to me…but as you said: each their own :wink:

I agree! The problem is it doesn’t work properly (yet?) On other roms when using open camera or gcam (switching lenses).

Well I was hoping for five years updates in a rolling manner. Nonetheless FP gets you lightyears ahead of other Android OEMs when it comes to this issue - no question.

If nobody wants to buy it, I am going to make it work with CalyxOS or so, but maybe someone would be happier with it. So let’s see :wink:

The historic issue was that the auto brightness along with the decreased minimum developed a situation where even in bright light it may go dark and stay dark.

That was fixed so there is no problem in bright light and the auto brightness works as designed.

The outstanding issue since the last couple of updates is that the lowest level the brightness goes, auto or manual is not to some people’s liking, they want it darker ~ sense a song or movie title there.

It also takes a bit of patience. You posted it just three days ago. There will be someone there. Maybe your price will be a little more interesting :wink:

In what way exactly? Ghost touches sometimes happen, but it’s doable for me. Or is it the size? It’s indeed huge and impractical when using it with one hand. Android 12 has a one hand mode, FP might release that later this year. Or do you use the gesture navigation? The default is too sensitive, slide it all the way to the left and it will be much better. Just my 2 cents.

:sweat_smile: alright I see…

Sure thing! Just going with the flow of the discussion :wink:

Fair point! Well I have quite a hard time with it recognising my thumb. In combination with the size that leads to way too many contacts with the palm on the lower right part of the screen. And I don’t have the smallest hands…

2 Likes

Price down to 550€ (shipping inclusive)

I can buy it about 15.5. I got salary them. I live in Finland.

Finnish: Saan tosiaan palkan 15.5 ja voin ostaa tämän silloin, jos on vielä myynnissä. Missä päin Suomea asut, jos onnistuisi nouto?

1 Like

I sent you a direct message :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.