Got my phone back from repairs, but there's no internet!

1. Computer
  2. As you would extract every other zip if no tool is installed you can use 7-zip
  3. First you have to turn off the phone
  4. In the settings, tap on the build number multiple times under about the phone. Than open developer option (settings-system-more) and enable Android/USB debugging…however if turned on that’s good
1 Like

Thanks!
But I seem to have trouble with the fastboot mode. It either gets stuck with the text
Fairphone
powered by
android
and nothing happens
or it starts the phone in regular way.

1 Like

Fastboot means that while holding Vol-down plus power, the phone “starts” vibrates 2-3 times and then stuck with fairphone logo on the screen and LED blinking blue, so seems you were in fastboot mode

1 Like

Looks like it, but nothing happens. I’ve been waiting for like 15 minutes now, the cmd.exe says Validating files… and nothing happens…

And now (as before) it say No device found…

Did you try another cable? You need a data cable for such things, and if the cable you use is made only for charging, it won’t work.

1 Like

If the cable is not the issue and you use Windows 10 you might need to update the driver.

To do this go to windows updates, search for updates, click on additional updates and then driver and install all Google driver you see…

2 Likes

I’ve tried four different cables and it still can’t find a device with fastboot mode. Why should there be different kind of cables? USB is USB.

1 Like

My Windows gets updated automatically and I did an extra update. Didn’t help.
This is getting really frustrating! It wasn’t that cheap to repair the phone and it took a long time! If I’d known they’d release Fairphone 4 I’d never sent it to repairs!

1 Like

Just to be clear: this has nothing to do with the actual Windows updates. Was the FP2 connected in fastboot with PC when you searched for updates?

2 Likes

Some cables are only for charging and not data transfer

2 Likes

yes, still no success…

I had issues with getting my Windows computer to recognize the phone in fastboot mode, too. It took me a while until I found out that sometimes you really have to point your computer towards the driver that is already installed but not connected with the phone. I think this explanation covers what I had done at that time:
https://ifindhub.com/install-fix-adb-fastboot-drivers-windows.html
Step 6 and the following are the ones that made the difference for me.
It is explained similarly in this thread here in this forum:

Forcing the driver seems to be important.

2 Likes

This is getting too difficult for me… I shouldn’t be installing anything! I paid to get a working phone!
And I don’t have time for this, I’m in the middle of packing my flat!

1 Like

We understand, but are only users as you are trying to help. You would need to #contactsupport to make Fairphone aware

2 Likes

Welcome to the world of Android…

1 Like

Welcome to the desert of the real. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate the effort you’ve all made!

I have contacted the support before the latest update what I should be uploading or downloading, which I shouldn’t be doing at all when I’ve paid an awful lot to get a working phone. I’ve already lost an awful lot of money because I don’t have a working phone…

This is too complicated for me… :roll_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.