Glass screen protector for FP5

hi, just a quick reply, the shop I mentioned seems to be selling abroad, even though the website does not seem to be prepared for any international visitors (which is a pity), as they listed international delivery

I just checked adding the item to a cart and choosing Germany it gives you two options: mail - 5 euro, or UPS - 14 Euro.

I know it is far from being perfect and it is not comfortable to be using a translator when ordering.
Perhaps you could contact them in person to enquire. Unfortunately the link for resellers is broken, what to say. If you wish I can send them an email as well as I was in touch on fairphone before.

1 Like

Schutzfolien has different, so which one are you talking about and did you send a product complain?

See my edit above and this comment

I think you should just stay away from Brotect foils on Schutzfolien24. The others may be ok and theyā€™re absolutely not a scam, they sent me multiple new Brotect samples, though sadly none worked for me.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve already outlined my first impression of the Brotect protectors from schutzfolien24 bought via Ebay in the thread quoted above, but Iā€™d like to add that now the protector easily gets air bubbles on the side when the phone is in a coat pocket (maybe the silicone case presses against it, since my pocket is small). Can be removed by pressing the bubbles to the side and away, but itā€™s still annoying. And I already did make the protector smaller by cutting its edges to be able to use it at all. Maybe Iā€™ll cut the second one furtherā€¦

I would def send them an email and report this

I ordered the upscreen one linked. Too long and too narrow like all the others.

Personally I think there must be a much more popular phone with very similar dimensions that they are all reboxing as FP5 to avoid new tooling.

1 Like

The Brotect Airglass is not too long and overall fits very well. Just the frist batch I had detached itself in sun (heat) and airplane pressure.

Thank you I persevered and managed to order the ā€˜round screenā€™ foil. Iā€™m hoping that it might be round enough to fit in the corners. It was not easy to order as a non-Polish speaking person not living in Poland, but I managed to pay and will report back. I made an order to the UK so it must be possible within the EU!

1 Like

Just a remark. I have watched several tutorials and reviews and they all clearly stated you need to give a foil some ample time after applying, as in the beginning it looks pretty awful. Just leave/ wait like 24 hours or so.

1 Like

Thank you I will bear that in mind!

I really appreciate your inputs to this thread but so many people have reported negative issues with Brotect screen protectors Iā€™m not minded to send Schutzfolien another order! The upscreen one in the initial link is so nearly the right size itā€™s almost worse than if it was a gross misfit. Iā€™ve reordered the cheap eBay ones from China because I prefer them because they have no hole for the selfie camera (Iā€™m going to try shaving a bit off the corners), and Iā€™m trying the Polish ā€˜roundedā€™ foil. At least the phone is protected while I try them out.

1 Like

Hi,

i did buy a mobilize screenprotector tugetter with my phone from Belsimpel.nl .

the quality of the glass is really good, its very easy to install. but after that i canā€™t say anything positive.

the screen protector after the first call (long one) big bubbles appeared on the side. i did wait a complete day before i started using my new phone, so the glue dit have enough time to do itā€™s thing.

Belsimpel dit already sent me a new one for free, but i didnā€™t changed it yet.

the screenprotector fitā€™s on the screen its not to bigā€¦ ā€¦ its to small. and corners are not right. it sliding of the screen as wel over time. taking it of and putting it back in the middle of the screen again work. bubbles stay.

laiter i ordered a glass protection case, bigus original the one from fairphone turns out to be useless.

it did come with a screenprotector inside the box. i didnā€™t install it yet (waiting until the one i have installed now crack)

i already checked the size of that one from the company glass and it looks good. it follows the corners of the phone screen like it supposed to do it donā€™t have to much or to less space in between the side of the screen an the protector.

i personally prefer the TPU screenprotectors. like the one from ZAGG or Rosso how GSM.nl sell.

but thos ar no available for Fairphone 5.

i still expecting Rosso to start making one but those ar not the best quality as wel come of the screen after some time. they will keep sending new ones if you complain about it so at least they try.

i didnā€™t try the rosso glas screenprotector. they have a Fairphone 5 version.

i will start following this topic.

edit:
the original ones form Fairphone i didnā€™t like already before buying.

i donā€™t understand why the only sell special ones.
blue light filter. way? just chang the setting of the phone to use the blue lights in the screen less.

security, nice they have, probably lots of people like to have that. but i dont, not something i like to have.

normaal one, not available. way??

1 Like

Thank you for your helpful post and very clear photo of the problem with every protector I have seen - they are just too long, and quite a bit too narrow. Until a provider gets a ruler out and actually measures a Fairphone before they make a protector, this isnā€™t going to change.

Hi there,
I was also thinking about having screen protector.
I finally decided to go with privacy screen protector offered by FairPhone, due to often travel / comute in public transport.
My biggest concern was ā€œdarkeningā€ of the display.
So when I got it in my hands, I was checking the size and positioning and of course ā€œdarkeningā€.
Protecting glass is little bit darker, but in my case Is OK.
Ideally, I would get clear transparent, but this is in my eyes acceptable.
Size of the glass is smaller like 0.5mm from each (four) sides - end edges of the display. Positioning of the glass on the phone display is not ideal. I placed the glass by hand, it is OK, but with some leading will ā€œmore comfortableā€ application.

3 Likes

So I bought one from the Fairphone store with the bluelight filter.
I had the problem, that the bottom right corner wasnt fitting 100% so it created a small bubble that grew bigger and bigger over time.
I did a reclamation, theys send me a new one, which was really nice and uncomplicated, but had the exact same problem again ā€¦
So I bought a cheaper one from Amazon (with speaker cutout but not camera), which is probably 1mm smaller in size, but it fits better, probably because it doesnt fit the screen exactly.
Now there is half a milimeter on the top and bottom unprotected but thats ok for me.
Did someone face the same problem with the original bluelightfilter screenprotector?

1 Like

Thank you. Iā€™m not going to be busting down Fairphoneā€™s gates to get one of their own protectors. If itā€™s going to be that close to the screen size you need to supply an infallible framework to help people apply it. And for what? Who is looking at the outer millimetre of the screen all the time and fretting it might be scuffed?

new fairphone user .
I did not turn it on yet , only applied the -original fp-blue light filter
protective glass thinghy.
as it came right out the box
Followed the instructions
and yes
the right under corner is loose and does not want to stick .
bubble 1
It fits good

So the one they sent you as a replacement is the ā€œHD Clearā€ type? And are you satisfied with it?

Please re-read the comment you answered toā€¦

No I was not satisfied with the HD Clear version as they did not fit.