Ghost inputs on FP4

Does anyone know if replacing the display makes a difference?

1 Like

FP stated that it is not enough to exchange the screen. there’s more to it which users apparently can’t do themselves (they didn’t disclose details to me)

damn…
tbh, it’s not very “sustainable” to replace broken mobile phones. my iphone 5s is still working. this isn’t a great situation. :smiley:

1 Like

At least for me it fixed the issue so far.

Does anyone else have any experience with screen jitter and random inputs or swipes?
Randomly throughout the day my wife and I will experience random inputs and swipes, and locking/unlocking the screen is the only resolution.
But it’ll happen again, it’s just a matter of time.

I’ve checked the seating of the display wire, and it seems to be seated properly.
My wife’s had a replacement screen while I haven’t, so it doesn’t seem to be related to any damage.
I’m at a loss in all honesty.
If I were to open it again to reseat the display cable, is there any other signs of damage/wear that I should look out for?
Has anyone any experience of this?
Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum

Given that the two you have the same issue I would think it is the setup.

If you have and SD card formatted as internal that can cause issues.

You can try a Safe Mode start which disables any custom apps

Another frequent issue is using 5G try and remove that from the options.

An example of how a weak 5G can cause upsets

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fp4-reboots-spontaneously-with-weak-5g-signal-does-anyone-else-experience-that/97760

sorry @anon9989719 but why you are telling people such unrelated stuff?! again and again your posts are strange.

@Geckozilla : your issue is called “ghost inputs”. many FP4 are suffering from it as this is an hardware issue. search this forum for it and contact support for replacement of both phones as there is no user fix.

6 Likes

Well they may be related but thanks for the link to the Ghost Inputs

:ghost:

:scream:

I just removed the SD card. Let’s see if the issue is related…

Hi all ghostinputters.
The only solution is; send it to support and let it repair.
You have no phone for a week or two but finally you are happy with it when fixed
Good luck
Peter

or push them to send you a replacement phone while you keep the defective one. then you can transfer your data without hurry.

I payed for a phone. Not for a device that I can send around for repairs. My phone is 4 months old. I can offer them to send me a new one.

1 Like

Small update regarding my experience. I have had the issues off and on for many months now. Two weeks ago they started to occur more often, around three or four times a day. So I got fed up with it and finally did the following:
Turned the phone off. Removed the backing plate and the battery. Tightened all the small philips screws around the perimeter of the phone case. Put the battery back in.
And finally turned on the phone.
A week has passed since then, and I have not had any problems so far. Will update again if they return.

1 Like

I have asked for this but they can’t do that. I have bought a cheap Samsung and transferred the data. My girlfriend now uses the Samsung

Verzonden vanaf Outlook voor Android

Also possible but they didn’t do it. So I had decided that I want to solve this and this was for me the best. Of course you are right; it’s ridiculous you have to do all those things to get the phone working

Verzonden vanaf Outlook voor Android

has anyone had this issue without an SD card inserted? because I just removed mine and it seems to be fixed :person_shrugging:

they can do. you just have to push them. was possible with me two times (because also the first replacement had ghost touches).

yes I have. SD card is no prerequisite for ghost touches.

1 Like

i am going to raise a ticket again as it is not resolved . i still get the ghost touches. also with the original screen. so it is not an software issue.

3 Likes

It seems in some cases…yes