Froozen Screen / Touch defect? (Even after restart)

Hello Everybody,
scince two days my FP1 just dont react anylonger. The screem is froozen in the looked stand-by mode. On of button still works - so maybe the touch is damaged?
When i switch in on I can see the icons, but cannot unlock und use the display/the phone … :confused:
Would it help to change the complete screen? Does anybody has experience with that phenomenon? I’d really love to fix that, cuz i love my FP1 … so any suggestions? Thanks for help. :slight_smile:

You could do the #touchscreentest in testing mode to make sure it’s a hardware issue, but I think in this case it’s pretty clear.
I guess maybe the cable connecting the screen to the main module could have come loose. You could try taking the phone appart and make sure everything is connected well. If you have #fairphoneangels near you they could help you with that. They may also have a used screen if for you if you need one. Otherwise you could ask for one in the #market.

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the quick answear. I’ll check out the angels, that’s a good hint.
And Yes, i completely took the phone appart, as if i would change the screen to check all the plugs and contacts. It worked good but the phenomenon was the same after it. My partner also says that the touch is broken … oh gosh, i hope i can fix it.

1 Like

By the way, you can connect a normal computer mouse to control your FP1 using an USB-OTG cable or adapter. I know it’s not a long-term solution, but in the worst case, it allows you to fully back up all your data from your FP1.

2 Likes

Ok thats cool :smiley:
Didn’t know that … thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.