FP6 stuck at boot after LineageOS update

Hi,

I’ve installed LineageOS on my Fairphone 6 since I bought it last August.

  1. Previous state

Everything worked find up till this morning after restarting it, following the load of the last available upgrade of lineage (target = 23.2, Sept 14th, unfortunately I don’t know what was the previous installed version/release). Please note that this was not the 1st time I upgraded it.

  1. Actual state / The issue

The FP6 is stuck at boot level: the screen displays three spinning circles (as usual, see picture), but nothing else happens, and this can go on for hours :-/

Any idea of how I could fix this?

Can you boot Info recovery and/or bootloader?

I’m afraid I don’t know the answer :frowning: But something weird just happened.

When I held down the power-on button, the three circles changed and the boot process completed normally. Whereas previously, when I did that, the FP6 would reboot (I give you my word, please believe me I did it around 10 times today).
Below is a screenshot showing the system version after this successful boot)

If its the previous version, due to the repeated boot attempts the system Fell back to the other slot and previous system thats intended when things go wrong

There are several reports of bootloop after the recent Lineage update: [OFFICIAL] LineageOS 23 for The Fairphone (Gen. 6) - #198 by manu_el

Looks like you managed to switch the active slot

Good to know there’s a roll-back process :slight_smile: And a good reminder for me to back-up precious things before an upgrade, be it minor (not even a release, my FP6 was already running 23.2)

Thanks for the link, I didn’t found reports of issues when I searched for recent issues of the latest update, reason why I opened this case. I thought it was due to the latest release.