FP4 won't enter recovery mode

I have a fairly new fp4, up to date with latest software. I need to perform a hard reset of the phone by entering recovery mode (screen password lost). According to all guides entering recovery mode should be achieved by powering down the phone. Then holding power + volume up button until Android bot shows up.

I’ve now tested all possible combinations of holding power button + volume up or down, simultaneously or with one or the other a bit faster. The phone still boots normally. I’ve removed the SIM card but no change. What am I doing wrong? And is there any other way I can reset the phone?

Hi and welcome to the forum

Faiphone have a guide

1. Remove any USB-C cable and turn off your Fairphone 4. If you cannot turn your device off, remove the battery for about 5 seconds, then put it back in.

2. Press and hold the Volume Down button.

3. Insert a USB-C cable connected to the power (can either be a power outlet or a computer).

4. Release the Volume Down button as soon as you see the FAIRPHONE logo.

5. Use the Volume buttons to select the option Recovery mode (on top of the screen).

6. Press the Power button briefly to select.
    Wait for a couple of seconds. The FAIRPHONE logo will appear briefly. Then you will see the Android recovery menu.

7. Use the Volume buttons to select the option Wipe data/factory reset.

8. Press the Power button briefly to select.

9. Use the Volume buttons to select the option Factory data reset.

10. Press the Power button briefly to select.

11. Use the Volume buttons to select the option Reboot system now .

12. One last time, press the Power button briefly to select.

You are done! The first boot will take longer than usual, as the system has to initialize

4 Likes

Thank you! That worked perfectly! I was looking for an option like that but didn’t find you. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.