I am stuck when trying to flash /e/ on my Fairphone 4:
- I received today my FP4 and tried right away to install /e/ by following the instructions from Install /e/ on a Fairphone FP4 - “FP4”
- at first I managed to go up the the last instructions, no error message appeared when flashing /e/ (just a warning “******** Did you mean to fastboot format this ext4 partition?” appeared when I entered “fastboot erase userdata” but I don’t think that too much of an issue).
- At the end, after “fastboot flashing lock_critical”, /e/ boots correctly. I then reboot into bootloader to do “fastboot flashing lock”. After that, I got a “device corrupt” error message and then the phone went back to fastboot mode.
- I followed the instructions here Fairphone 4 "locked in fastboot mode" about the active slot, did the whole process again and added a " fastboot --set-active=a" at the end. The same error happened.
- I tried as suggested in the same discussion to flash the files from IMG-e-0.21-r-20220112156786-stable-FP4.zip instead of the latest ones. At the end the result was the same, and I am stuck in fastboot.
- this time, fastboot devices doesn’t return anything and the other fastboot commands get stuck with “< waiting for any device >”. It looks like another issue discussed here Fairphone 4 fastboot devices doesn't work in fastboot mode [SOLVED], but changing the port, the cable or even the computer (Ubuntu and windows) doesn’t solve the problem…
So now I can’t seem to do anything, the phone remains stuck in his fastboot mode
If you have any idea to solve this issue, I’m interested…
Thank you very much for your help!