FP4, security update, december 5 2021, called FP3Q.A.094 though

WiFi calling was still enabled, but roaming was indeed disabled now. But I’m not 100% sure if I enabled it after my factory reset last week. I usually enable it since I don’t plan on traveling outside of the EU anytime soon.

@tretkowski Yes, I enanled Wifi calling some days ago for tssting and I noticed somd hours after the update, that it was deactivated.

Anyone else NOT receiving the update ?

1 Like

Yes, me, see above. I wonder when it will arrive.

2 Likes

We already had the same discussion with the previous update. That it took some days until it arrived.
FP might also deliver in batches, like other manufacturers (Google Pixel, OnePlus, …) do. Officially, however, there is nothing to be learned about this…

20 posts were split to a new topic: Fixing OTA after rooting

It arrived

4 Likes

Did the update and the notification tray is now distractingly large… Anyone know how to fix that? It’s like twice the height it was before the update :confused:

What exactly do you mean by “update and notification tray”? Could you provide a screenshot?

I believe it’s the same. I compared it with an old screenshot I made before the December update. But yes, it’s indeed quite tall. But that’s the trade off of a notch. You get extra screenspace, but it’s not used. Might as well include the bezel and add a LED light and other more functional things :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Found an old screenshot and I think you’re right… But I swear something about the presentation there has changed, I just can’t put my finger on it…

It extends a good way past the notch, I wouldn’t blame that but that’s digressing now - my mistake! I’ll be interested to see if people notice any of the camera improvements that are apparently there.

1 Like

Do you have a source about those camera enhancements? I haven’t seen a complete changelog yet of the December update. In my experience the camera hasn’t improved.

1 Like

It was one of the notes in the update change log - fingerprint reader and camera enhancements. Can’t say I had any problems with the fingerprint reader before and I haven’t really had the chance to use the cameras that much yet…

are we talking about the same update? the changelog only mentioned a security update patch.

2 Likes

FP4.FP3Q.A.094.20211213 is the version number I have and it mentioned the fingerprint reader and camera - maybe I’m ahead/behind?

that’s the same update I posted a screenshot of above.

Wow, that is what I call real Vorfreude ! :grin:

Iirc, the screen before that listed camera enhancements and fingerprint reader enhancements - unfortunately no way to go back, maybe someone else that hasn’t installed it yet can verify, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t imagine it :slightly_smiling_face:

@Discostu36 has posted a screenshot from before the installation process an hour ago in this thread, and while it’s in German, it pretty much states the same thing - December security patch and a generic “software updates can bring in some bug fixes and improvements” disclaimer.

3 Likes

I don’t know what to tell you, I saw what I saw :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like