@phonefrog
Made with gcam
Cannot do it with original because I am on /e/OS

Without flash under Artificial light condition

4 Likes

Stock camera app, flash, unedited

The same with Gcam port

11 Likes

Many thanks. These are exactly the items I normally copy. Looks good.
Order for FP 4 is on the way.

11 Likes

Stock app, 2x zoom

11 Likes

Shot with GCam port

7 Likes

Hi,

Thank you all For Sharing your Pictures. I’ve got my Phone today and want to Share First Tests.

I’ve used the original Fairphone Software. The Last Update is installed. I’ve Set the highest quality.

10 Likes

On a big Screen they Look really terrible. The trees in the DARK Look very muddy.

Edit: Pixelation of the license plates

6 Likes

7 Likes

I’ve edited your first post and put all the images there so you can go ahead and post some more.

And welcome to the community forum by the way :smiley:

4 Likes

Night Sight with GCam Wichaya mod on /e/

6 Likes

GCam Wichaya

6 Likes

1: work last week.
2+3 this weekend. iodeOS beta, Camera app: open camera. standard settings.

9 Likes

Wow, @gigu! Fantastic pictures, and welcome to the Fairphone community :slight_smile:

Here’s a comparison between the standard camera and the wide angle cam:
First, the standard camera (shot with the Fairphone stock photo app):

And now the wide angle shot - the quality is okay, but the standard camera seems to produce much better results.

9 Likes

Did you stay in the same spot? I don’t remember my FP4 had such a difference in distance. Seems like you were standing closer with the first picture. I think I had to zoom in for such an effect and then much detail was lost.

1 Like

No, I moved backwards maybe 2-3 metres because I wanted more content to be in the picture.
For a more authentic comparison I think the first two pictures in this article are suitable: Fairphone 4 5G: So knippst das nachhaltige Handy | NETZWELT

1 Like

I couldn’t find a different thread to just mention this. But Fairphone support told me this just now:

We are actually working on a software fix for the camera issues we have been having with Fairphone 4 and I’m happy to share that we do expect them to be resolved with the next two software releases due this and next month.

I hope they’ll also resolve the microphone issues.

6 Likes

We are still waiting for the promise camera improvement of the FP3 for about 1 year…

StockCam. First standard automatic mode, second wide angle

3 Likes

Open Camera - party mode, focus locked (“focus gesperrt”).

16 Likes

In case people have not seen it, Fairphone are asking for feedback on the camera; Survey: Fairphone 4 Camera :+1:

5 Likes