FP4 eSIM for Japan (Softbank network) and Korea (NT network)

Hi there,
this is my first post in this forum!
I am struggeling to share my experience in this thread:

So I thought I will share it in a new thread instead:
I succesffully tested an eSIM in Japan and Korea in June 2023 on an FP4 and wanted to share my experience so others can benefit from it!
I used the “Asia eSIM” from the provider Yoho Mobile (it is an eSIM that works in 21 countries in Asia, so perfect if you are visiting multiple countries) - (Asia eSIM Starting from 3.7/GB- YOHO MOBILE)
In Japan this eSIM connected to the provider “Softbank”
In Japan I had trouble connecting to “KDDI” (but this could have just been a temporary issue in the network itself)
In Korea this eSIM connected to the provider “KT”
So my assumption would be that one could also just get an eSIM from “Softbank” or “KT” directly - but i have not tried this, so it´s just a guess.
In general my advice would be to get an individual eSIM for every country instead of getting a “All Asia eSIM” like me. My experience was that it is really easy to switch an eSIM once you are changing a country (takes 3 min) and individual eSIMs seem to be cheaper that this package deal i had.
Good luck Fairphoning!

Edit: Feel free to insert this info in the original list mentioned above - I was just not able to do it myself

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to the forum!

I’ve now added your information to the Travel section - including a link to your more detailed report here.

As a new user you were not able to edit the entry, unfortunately. If you keep using the forum for a while, you should be able to make further edits yourself.

Closing this to avoid duplicate discussions.

1 Like