FP4 Battery life

I’ve been trying to contact fairphone to replace the battery for one week via mail (web), Twitter and mastodon and I’m not receiving an answer.
Any other way to contact them? First experience with fairphone and not very happy so far

Have you not tried the support page ? As it’s under warranty, unless told otherwise you will have to request support from ŧhe website. I don’t think the methods you mention are maybe the best way.

It still may not be the battery but the charging and monitoring hardware etc.

Fairphone will want to do some checks with you before sending a new battery.

1 Like

When you contacted FP support they automatically sent you a reply with an estimation of when you can expect an answer.

Last time I contacted them they sent me this:

We aim to reply within 5 working days, and we thank you in advance for your patience!

So by now they should reply (via the support page). If not, you may also give them a call.

1 Like

Hi, the first thing I did was to write into the support page. They told me they would respond in 5 days. After one week without response I started writing in twitter and mastodon. Today they have responded. They are asking me to do what we have been saying in this forum. Anyhow, I will repeat it again and send the results. Thanks

1 Like

Hi, they have answered today (8 days). Thanks

Ah! that wasn’t mentioned :slight_smile: I suppose the 5 days is the generic ‘business week’ which gives them 7 days to answer, so they answered the next day: that’s pretty ‘good’

The issue is that a customer has a problem them want resolved asap or immediately :slight_smile: Saying ‘we’ will respond in 5 days gives some hope of an earlyish resolution but, especially with a small company like Fairphone, it is helpful to give them time to respond.

Given the amount of work a small company has, multiple attempts to contact them can only add to the responses they have to make slowing any meaning full response.

Well now hopefully you are on the road to recovery from your unhappy

All the best

2 Likes

8 regular days :slight_smile: So business days are from 9 to 17 during the week. Depending on what time you submitted this (e.g. in the evening) and including weekends and national holidays (it was Easter), I would say they kept their promise to answer within 5 business days :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It wasn’t a promise, it was an aim :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The 21st of April I sent all the screenshots they demanded and since then I have received no response from the support team. That is 8 working days…
I am patient but I expected more from Fairphone

Well the 27th was a holiday in The Netherlands, maybe they treated themselves to a very long weekend? and so will be the 5th

1 Like

This week a lot of people are on Holiday.
Schools are having May Holiday.
On May 4th is Remembrance Day with 2 minutes silence at 8 PM.
May 5th is Liberation Day. Once every 5 years it’s a free day. Your employer decides in which year one gets the free day.

The 27th of April was Kings day. The day we celebrate the birthday of our king.

Ok, I’m patient. Just for information, here are the dates:
12 April: I opened the support request
20 April: they send me a response asking me for information
21 April: I responded sending what they had demanded

No response since then

I will inform you when the solution it’s been given (and what has been the solution).

1 Like

12 April: I opened the support request
20 April: they send me a response asking me for information
21 April: I responded sending what they had demanded

13 May still no response… It’s been one month since I started the issue and still with the problem

1 Like

Did you try to call or send another E-Mail?

Hi Thanks for the update, though the Fairphone response isn’t what forthcomming.

Trying to go over the problem in my head.

I’m going to start again :slight_smile:
Regarding your first post

Although it could be a battery issue, that would be may last guess as batteries are either pretty stable or fail badly or consistently wain over a year or two.

Did you ever get around to checking the battery voltage?

So on to Fairphone
a) What info did they ask for and what was your response?
b) If you don’t get a reply soon one option is to raise it with a ‘customer service’ employee which can be done by via this forum but you will need your ticket number.

Of course a simple idea would be to find a #fairphoneangel near you and try another battery.

That would be great, how can I do that?

1 Like

The highlighted text is a link :slight_smile: > The second topic takes you to

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/the-fairphone-angels-program-and-map-local-support-by-community-members/33058/2

whereupon there is a map etc.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you for supporting Fairphone and for reaching out! My name is Carlota from the support team, nice to e-meet you😊

I am sincerely sorry for the wait you have had with our response. Due to the popularity of our new Fairphone 4 and our Android 10 release for the Fairphone 2, we are experiencing a significant increase in the number of support requests.

We are doing our best to catch up and get back to you as soon as possible, we are very grateful for your patience!
I’m sorry you are experiencing issues with your device, let’s look into this! To be able to get as much information as possible, may I please ask to follow the steps in this email?

If you are in the presence of a weak Wi-Fi signal, your battery might drain really fast.
Please perform the following instructions and use your Fairphone 4 for a few days before evaluating the battery performance again:

Also, keep in mind that after a software update the operating system could take some time to adjust to the new settings, as some services might be updated only after being used. This might temporarily impact your battery life. If the battery issues persist after 1 week from the update, please follow the below steps.

1. Identify apps that are draining battery:

You can easily check which apps are consuming more battery in the Settings.

Go to Settings > Battery.
On the top right side of the screen, tap the More Options menu (three vertically aligned dots) > and tap Battery usage. You will see a graph and list of all the apps draining your battery.
Take a screenshot(s) of what you see on the screen.

1. Install pending app updates

Make sure to install app updates. After a software update, apps might need to be updated too.
To check for updates:

Connect your phone to stable Wi-Fi.
Go to the Play Store.
Tap on your user profile picture located on the top right side of the screen.
Tap on My apps & games.
If you see it, tap on the green button saying Update all to update all the apps at once, or select the Update button next to the name of each app to update them individually.

3. Safe mode

To exclude the possibility of a corrupted third-party software, reboot your Fairphone 4 in Safe mode.
To verify if there is an issue, it is essential that you use the phone in Safe Mode for a full battery cycle (even if 3rd party apps don’t work!):

1. Charge your device above 95%.
  2. Reboot in Safe mode.
  3. Go to Settings > Battery > on the top right side of the screen tap the More Options menu (three vertically aligned dots) > tap** Battery usage** > tap again on the More Options menu > tap on Show full device usage. Take a screenshot(s).
  4. Use your phone in Safe mode until the charge drops below 10%.
  5. Go to Settings > Battery > on the top right side of the screen tap the More Options menu (three vertically aligned dots) > tap Battery usage > tap again on the More Options menu > tap on Show full device usage. Take a screenshot(s).

4. Final step

Send me all the screenshot(s) you took and let me know your feedback.

Once you performed all the previous steps, please come back to me with the results. I will wait for your reply.

Thank you in advance for your time and collaboration, I really appreciate it.

Have a lovely day and take care!

Best regards,

Carlota

This was what they demanded and I sent them point by point a screenshot and a comment on what was happening

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the info, but it seems there is no angel in Madrid :frowning:

1 Like