FP3+: SIM not recognised after reboot during finalisation of Android 13 update

Hello everyone,

First time posting here, hope I am doing this right.

I received the notification of Android 13 being available this week-end, being away I decided I’d wait until today to do the update.

I downloaded it and installed it, rebooted and now the FP3+ is stuck as follows:

• My SIM is not recognised (no phone/internet access). In the “Network nd Internet” menu it says “Calls and SMS : NO SIM”

• The Android 13 features are here but no app is working correctly.

• I have the “Android System” in the background with the message “Finishing system update…”, the progress bar is stuck right under the “y”.

• Connecting to wi-fi is unusally slow, I managed to connect to a coworker’s phone though. There was signs that data was being uploaded/downloaded at first, but not anymore.

I don’t know what to do, it seems that waiting won’t do anything (it’s been idling like this for about 40mins now). I would like to turn off the phone, take out the sim and put it back in again, take off the sd card which never really worked if I remember correctly, but I am afraid to corrupt the system update by doing so.

Any comment/remark/suggestion is more than welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

40 min is a while but . . .

Was you SD card formatted as internal expansion rather than portable?

I have in the past powered of the phone and restarted, in the Finishing phase.

Have a look for other posts

3 Likes

It’s been over an hour now, the sd card was formatted as internal expansion I think but am not sure it ever worked.

Thank you for replying so rapidly.

Update: I did reboot it using the side button’s feature, the progress bar on the “finishing” went from 1/3 to 2/3 and then completed.
The phone worked fine, the SIM was recognised but the 3G/4G connection did not work, even when selecting the provider manually.

I have rebooted it once more, entered my pin and it now works like a charm. Android 13 looks nice but it scared the hell out of me.

Thank you @anon9989719 for replying, it gave me enough confidence to dare rebooting the phone. Have an awesome day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you can, save any media etc. on the SD and reformat as portable.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.