FP3 only starts fastbootmode after twrp restoring recovery

I cant boot my Phone anymore. I istalled twrp and magisk. Everything was fine. After i decided to remove youtube music and chromebrowser and a reboot the phone got in a bootloop. Wich is odd enouth.
Ok… well roll back my backup…shit…twrp borked it
Now its anly fastbootmode.

I tryed to flash stock boot.img to boot_a and boot_b but it will not boot the loader. It goes straight to fastboot

pls i need help.

edit:

also fastboot boot twrp.img does not work anymore. it tryes but falls strait back to fastboot.

I had the same issue.

You need to download the full stock dump available in this message and then flash both slots as shown here.

5 Likes

fingers crossed! i have a bootlogo :smiley:

1 Like

THANKS!!! It worked! Its back to life!!!

4 Likes

@Martin_Mattausch-Wie @lost_geographer
Can you describe the exact steps, that would lead to TWRP not being able to be booted?
I’d like to debug this and possibly find a solution, so TWRP always works.

3 Likes

Exact Steps are hard after i sit till 01:00 in the morning figure out and failing bringing it back to life.

I installed twrp magist etc.
configured all my stuff, made a backup with twrp and then i decided to uninstall chrome and youtube music using the app “System App Entferner (root needed)” this worked as far as i could see but in Apps there where links to the apps with no icon. So i rebooted the phone.
It went into a bootloop. ( that should not have happen in my opinion) At this point Twrp did work. I restored my backup wich failed. I hoped it failed bevor writing anything to disk. Reboot ( and imidiatly regret everything i have ever done) At this point a it went only in fastbootmode.

1 Like

Concerning my case, I don’t think that the source of the problem was TWRP itself. I had mistakenly flashed the wrong GSI version on the slots and after that the phone could boot only to the fastboot mode. I gave the details here.

What options exactly did you select during backup/restore?

Concerning “fastboot boot” not working the solution is to set the slot’s active, which will reset the retry-count:

fastboot set_active _a
fastboot set_active _b

That should get fastboot boot working again

2 Likes

i selected boot, system and data. for backup and restore. I did not wipe cache and Dalvic/ATR because restore failed.

Nope, this did not work in my case.

Yep, thanks for this hint.

You need to select “System Image” instead of “System” when doing a backup

I keep that in mind for my next adventures in android-bricking-contest. :stuck_out_tongue:

btw is there a method to install the january security update manually? I cant flash it. trayed with fastboot, recovery, sideload. No luck so far. Also not with stock boot!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.