FP3: No VPN-Connection over mobile Networks after Android 10 update, vpn over WLAN ok

After update to Android 10, vpn IPSEC-connections over mobile network are not working. With WLAN vpn connections are okay. The vpn-server is my Fritzbox 7590.
When starting the vpn connection on my FP3, I get the message “no network connection available - Try again later”. Internet connection over mobile network is working.
Similar misbehaviour appears, when activating a vpn connection on my notebook, connected to the FP3 WLAN hotspot.
With my old Samsung Galaxy S5 (Lineage OS, Android 9, same SIM-card) all vpn connections are successfully. My network provider is “Deutsche Telekom”. I found a Topic about Telekom-Network, UDP and vpn not working, but I believe that this is not my issue, because this problem occurs since FP3 updated to Android 10. With Android 9 it works perfect.

Had the same problem: try setting a new APN using the parameters from your service provider. Check their website. Mine were different from the defaults on the SIM card and this solved it.

2 Likes

thank you arizonadeux for your hint ! My APN changed to a IP-V6-APN, but IPSEC-VPN need IP-V4. So I changed my APN from “internet.v6.telekom” to “internet.telekom”. I added the new APN, the parameters and switched to the new APN. It was successful!

4 Likes

Thanks a lot. I had the same problem after the android 10 update.
Changing the APN to “internet.telekom” instantly fixed the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.