FP3: my order just got delayed by one month! from mid Sep. to mid Oct. to early Nov

The Fairphone 3 and related products will be shipped in batches starting beginning of October 2019. The pre-order period for a Fairphone 3 started on Tuesday, August 27, 2019.
Pre-order means that you can place and pay for an order now, which will ship after a few weeks.
We ship in batches starting the beginning of October, following the chronological order of successful (= paid) orders. The received payment date is leading.

• So, one should expect your new FP3 at the start of October, if you ordered on the first day I guess.

OH, and it also says shipping mid Nov, if you order now.!

5 Likes

Yay! Today, I finally got my… delay notification. :wink:

2 Likes

That is interesting! This must be new - in the mail they talked about shipping in mid-October…

Congrats :wink: When did you buy the phone, if I may ask? Because (if you are in the first batch / early buyer) what would interest me now is, what it said in the mail - was the delay also stated to be from mid-September to mid-October? Or have they “updated” the delay in the mail to be identical with the website ModularKing linked to (early-October)?

I for one had ordered and paid on the launch day on 12:10. The delay notification stated mid-October.

I ordered and paid on launch day - but quite late at about 22:30h. The website back then was already on “end of September” - the mail today says “mid-October”.

1 Like

It’s not the time that you order that counts, but the time your payment is arrived at Fairphone.

1 Like

well, with online banking, credit card and paypal the payment time is a mere minutes later after the time of the order

You’re right that is is just minutes before your account is deducted. But it will take much longer before the payment is actuelly in the account of Fairphone.

I really don’t think so.
I ordered at 12:12 and the payment confirmation arrived by 12:43 just 2 minutes before the mail that said “Thank you for your order!”.
And I paid by credit card. From my experience credit card payment is instantly confirmed and at least guaranteed for by the Card-company.

I just checked - For me it were 12 minutes between order in the shop and payment confirmation.

Got email about delay yesterday. Here is some data:
Ordered August 28th at 8:35 AM, payment confirmation came in the same time.
Email about delay came on September 18th that delivery will be delayed from mid-September to mid-October.
I assume these emails are sent somewhere around potential delivery date listed on website at the time of pre-order.

Hi @Janez, welcome to the forum. I ordered at the 27th, payment confirmation around 13.00; same mail about the delay to mid October.

And now no order is possible anymore :slightly_frowning_face:.

Perhaps they sold out the first batch they ordered.
As of today it’s available in the mobilcom-debitel online shop.

I bought my FP3 on Thursday 29th August at 11:30 shipping early October.
Today I received a mail telling shipping second-half of October.
"Due to high demand and challenges in the supply chain, we are facing an unforeseen shipping delay on your order. We apologize for the inconvenience. "

1 Like

But they still offer “Pre-Order” and “Local stores” on their shop-page; at least on the english and the german one.
Just thought, that the possibility to order was gone completely again, like it was five days ago.

All orders meant to be delivered mid-September were postponed to mid-October.
Therefore it seems, that they will (or at least plan to) start by mid October. Seems the shipping shall than be faster than initially prognosed, as the delay is shorter on orders for early October.
That’s good!
Hopefully, they will be up to the initial plan soon.

My post followed the others about the german store Vireo. I wasn’t talking about other resellers or Fairphones own shop.

1 Like

Sure, silly me.
I should have read more carefully.

did the first batch of FP3 already get shipped? when I ordered it two weeks ago, it told me mid of October, now it’s saying end of November, if I’m right. does that mean, that the first orders got shipped already or does that mean that every order will be delayed till End of November or whatever Month it will be then?

cheers

Yes, the first FP3 were already delivered.