FP3 is charging unreliably

Hey,

For a few weeks now, my FP3 is charing unreliably.
When I put the charger it says “slow charging”, and in fact the battery level continues to lower.
If I reboot the phone while charging, it works.

It is kind of annoying to have to reboot my phone each time I want to charge it…

Any idea ?

Thanks !
Thomas

Have you checked the battery consumption statistics in the Settings? It sounds a bit as if an app might be running wild.

1 Like

I just checked it, iIt says that everything is running normally.
Plus my bateery consumption is quite good, I can use it for a day or two.

1 Like

You may like to try running in safe mode to disable apps to ensure that isn’t an issue.

You may also have a problematic cable or charger, can you try other options? I’ve had similar problems but with a new Fairphone cable it is all but sorted.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a cable or charger issue because I tried another cable, and I also tried to charge from a computer USB port with the same result.

How do I try the safe mode ?

2 Likes

Hi Thomas
Yours is similar none the less, to this problem, solved with a new cable.

I take it you’ve made the routine checks, cleaning the port and so on (be careful not to damage the port when cleaning - and don’t forget the cable connector too).
Any exposure to damp conditions?
Could you specify which OS and version you’re using. As Urs says, this could be software related too.
Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.