FP3+ & FP4 & FP5 hearing aids and direct streaming

I have the same problem on my Fairphone 3 on /e/os.
On my Fairphone 5 I go to the app Settings, Connected devices. If I tap on R-Phonak hoortoestel I see

Phone calls are possible, can hear music through my hearing aids. Phonak Audeo M50.

On my Fairphone 3 I only see

I can’t connect and can’t make phone calls, can’t hear music.

I found this : https://www.androidpolice.com/bluetooth-hearing-aid-compatibility-phones-guide/

As this article is based on phones available in the US I found it not very helpful.

Connecting to a Fairphone 3 is taking all the patience you have. You have to try multiple times. I ended up several times deleting the the entries in Bluetooth. But finally I succeed after 1 hour.

But when I turned off Bluetooth and on again the connection from R-Phonak was lost. And you have to start all over again.

If you only want to use your Fairphone for calling, hear music with your hearing aids, then for Phonak user you don’t need the Phonak app.
Just go to the app Settings, Connected devices and use Pair new device.
When the phone find R-Phonak it will ask you for permission to pair. And then it needs to connect.

You only need the Phonak app if you use an extra microphone like Roger. Or want to change the settings of the tv connector etc.

Who else has the problem that if you want to set the fairphone to normal ring, you will be heard but not hear anything yourself? I’ve been using the phonak hearing aids for half a year now, and I’m quite happy only when I get a call at my office, mobile callers say it sounds like I’m in a swimming pool. That’s why I want to be able to set it to regular calling. How do I fix this?

I have no problem with calls.
I am not sure I understand you correctly, but you can change the way you are calling during a call.
See picture.
Just tap on Speaker {Luidspreker] of Phone [Telefoon}

Yes i know, but when i switch to “telefoon” i can’t hear hte other but they can hear me. With the speaker i have no problem, but the quality is terrible

What happens if you switch off the telephone setting in the app Settings, then Bluetooth, R-Phonak hearing aid?

the same, people can hear me, but i can’t hear them
So first i thought that the problem was caused by the app of phonak, but it isn’t because i still can’t hear the other line. What happens if you switch from phonak to telephone? don’t you have that problem?

I have no problem of switching during a call from R-Phonak Hearing Aid to Speaker and back.

No guarantee, but perhaps you could uninstall the Phonak app and delete the connection at bluetooth.
And then reinstall the app and make the connection with bluetooth again.

So we use bilateral hearing aids, connected to our phones and can stream calls, media, etc without issues - so we would assume ASHA support is there. We have NHS-provided Phonak Nathos Nova hearing aids.

That´s why I exchanged my FP3 by an FP5 after I received my Oticon hearing aids. They are supposed to work with Bluetooth / ASHA protocol. I have the FP5 for 2 weeks now but did not manage to get it working together with my hearing aids properly. The “Companion” app says that the hearing aids and FP5 are paired and the remote control seems to work. Also, FP5 settings say that the hearing aids are coupled. But the sound still comes through the FP5 speaker and not through the hearing aids.
I should mention that I had no problems with coupling the FP5 to the headphones, car speaker, smartwatch, computer and iPad.

What do you see in the Bluetooth settings?

Hi Lidwien,

herewith I send you 2 pictures of the Bluetooth settings and 1 of the Oticon app.

When I click on “Streaming” it says “Keine Geräte in der Nähe gefunden”

Is this the problem?

-----Original-Nachricht-----

(Attachment Anhänge_20240506.zip is missing)

I think something went wrong. Can you place the photo’s here?