FP3+ Camera Oversharpened/Low Quality in video calls

In your case, poor Internet quality would come to my mind?

Yes this has been happening for a loooong time. Next time try moving the phone further from you face. You may notice it improves.

It seems it is due to the ambient light that is recognised as lowering the light always seems to work. For example it doesn’t happen indoors if the light is not very bright but will happen outdoors, especially if the phone is close to the face.

I can cope with it and haven’t contacted support about this. Maybe I will and you could if you like.

All the best.

This does not seem possible as
a) The internet I use is always Wi-Fi 5Ghz at home within a few yards and is no different if I stand next to the router. The speed is always around 12 to 13 (Mbs)
b) Other people visiting don’t have this problem
c) I get it no matter where I am or if the light is bright and the phone is close to my face

1 Like

Thanks will try your tip.

1 Like

I have the same problem with FP3+. It’s so over sharpened that it looks very bad. With cheaper older phones I had much better selfie camera. It’s not a problem only with WhatsApp, I tested it with everything, even taking a picture with the original camera app with the selfie camera it’s horrible. Please fix this. I can’t make a video call like this, I don’t look like myself.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Please try moving the camera as mentioned in posts above. I have noticed this occurs more so a) in bright light and b) when close up.

Secondly this is a user forum and ‘we’ are not able to ‘fix’ the issue you have. You can of course contact support @fairphone with your concerns.

1 Like

I’ve sent an email to Fairphone support, and also linked to this thread. Will see what they say!

2 Likes

Hi I am happy to read I am not the only one with an sharpened pixelated image in the selfie camera. I have it whenever I start a video call on Whatsapp, Zoom and MSTeams. Did anyone find a fix yet?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.