FP3 battery performance suddenly dropped + slow startup

Hi all

My FP3 battery suddenly started draining two times faster than usual … It used to last almost two days easily under normal usage and since last week I barely make it through one day.
Also, when switching off airplane mode in the morning, the phone takes quite some time before it behaves normally. During the first few minutes it is super slow, not really responding, screen turning back a few times …
Anyone with similar issues ?
It’s the first time I really encounter problems with this phone. Especially with the battery I had always been super happy. I find it normal that battery performance decreases over time but it was very sudden, not a progressive drop.
Only special thing that happened to the phone lately is that I was on holiday and battery got completely emptied twice because I had no access to electricity to charge the phone and used it until the battery died. Don’t know if it could be enough to kill the battery?

Thank you in advance for your help!
If it continues and I can’t fix the issues, I will probably contact support or at least try to borrow a battery to see if it makes a difference before ordering a new one as it might not be the solution.

Romane

Can you try a complete reset and reinstallation of all apps?
Is there some space left on device?
Do you use a charge limiter to e.g. 95% ?
Did you use the energy saving mode and is it disabled now?

1 Like

Hi Romane,
asking a few question that could maybe help identify the problem:

• Did you already look into the Battery usage for any anomaly like one app having a usage that is close to your Smartphone uptime?
  • When was the last time you rebooted?
  • Did you install a new app that may be causing this?
  • Did you check the health status of your battery with something like Cpu-Z?
2 Likes

Thank you for your answer!

• Did you already look into the Battery usage for any anomaly like one app having a usage that is close to your Smartphone uptime?

I don’t se anything abnormal, I’ve checked a few times the past few days and it usually looks a lot like on this screenshot.
  • When was the last time you rebooted?
    My phone randomly rebooted this morning. And I rebooted quite often lately to try to fix the battery issue.
  • Did you install a new app that may be causing this?
    No…
  • Did you check the health status of your battery with something like Cpu-Z ?
    I tried this app and it says “good”.

I am really annoyed because the battery life used to be one of the strongest point of this phone.

1 Like

Thank you for your message!
I have almost 20 GB left on the device.
I have not tried reinstalling everything, it sounds quite time consuming…
I don’t use a 95% limit and I only use the battery saver when travelling or when I know I might run out of battery.

I have the same problem. It start this week. fp3+

@Romane_Breysse Two question that came to my mind, after that i am clueless:

• Did you got a new charger/cable? Or used one from a friend? Maybe it somehow damaged the battery?
  • @Joze_Stensak If two people habe the same problem maybe its software? Did you both maybe do an update (of the OS) before the problems started?

I announce that I managed to save the battery. I completely drained it twice so the phone turned itself off. Now the battery is behaving normally again.

2 Likes

Yes. I was update phone.