FP3 backup waiting

Hi everybody,
since I’ve bought my FP3 (June 2020) I’ve experienced a lot of problems. The last step before giving it to the FP repair center is to erase all data and start the phone again. Before doing so, of course, I should backup the phone. I went on Settings, searched for backup and chose it, but now it keeps saying to me “waiting to backup”. It’s been a whole day. I don’t have much data on the phone, and I have tried plugging it, connecting it to the wi-fi, unplugging it, disconnect it from the wi-fi a lot of times. It still says to me “waiting to backup”.
Any solution to this?

Thanks.

Have you got power saving or data saving turned on? This is known to cause the backup to hang on some devices.

3 Likes

Hi,
I had the same experience today, but found the solution in this thread: you have to deactivate the screen lock.
It seems to me a bug.

What irritates me is that this article states

1. Insert your previous screen lock as confirmation of your identity

Now this makes me perplex. Will the restore fail because there was no previous screen lock and thus my identity cannot be confirmed?

3 Likes

Thank you very much. This solved my issue for the backup. Your perplexities are legitimate. This interests me as well. Maybe someone from the support team could answer?

1 Like

Nothing was turned on, unfortunately. Anyway, RiccardoEscher solved the issue.

Please contactsupport to reach the support team. This is a user forum and Fairphone staff only occasionally passes by.

3 Likes

Hi,
I’ve backed-up the phone by disabling the screen-lock, then I re-enabled the screen lock and formatted the phone. Everything worked fine, the backup was kept. This should be an ok workaround.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.