FP3 Android 11 Video and Google assistant bug

Ever since the update to Android 11 on my FP3, I have these problems:

1. Some videos (both pre-existing and newly made) appear as black in the Gallery, and file size = zero. :worried: Detail: I don’t use an SD card, but internal memory.
  2. Google Assistant does not respond to speaking “Hey Google” out loud, at all. And yes, the toggle switch in the settings is turned on.

What can be the cause and how to solve?

I opened a new topic for your third post about the same topic. Please try to avoid repetition in different (not related) topics to keep the threads clean and to not spread the information too much, so its easier to find later on for others having the same issue.

2 Likes

For all of you pointing to the SD card: Ever since the update to Android 11 on my FP3, I have the same problem. Some videos appear as black in the Gallery, and file size = zero. :worried: Detail: I don’t use an SD card, but internal memory. What can be the cause and how to solve?

I also splitted this from a topic about SD card issues, as you confirmed you dont use a SD card.

1 Like

Okay I found out about the issue with the videos: They are left-over references to deleted videos. Selecting them and deleting again removes it without further issue.
The Google speech issue is not solved yet. About a week ago I have reset all permissions for all apps. After this, I could re-activate the setting for speech recognition. But after that setup is completed, it just turns itself OFF again :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.