FP2 plus new unused parts

Fairphone 2 (bought 2016) and new Display Module and Top Module (bought 2020)

Rather than contribute to more waste on our planet, can anyone make good use of this phone and/or its parts? The modules I bought when I was attempting to fix the phone, like a good citizen; I can’t even remember now exactly what was wrong with it, as far as I remember it was something about the charging & even when I got a new battery that didn’t solve it. In the end I lost the patience and energy to sort it out and moved on to using other second hand phones instead.

The FP2 is in good physical condition. The Modules haven’t even been got out of the packaging they were sent in. As per the story above, I can’t account for the functionality of the phone itself, it’s been a few years since I tried to operate it.

All I ask is that you pay for the shipping, and take the whole lot.

Sending from southwest UK

NB: To be able to send a direct message to the user, you will need to reach trust level 1 by entering/opening at least 5 topics, reading at least 30 posts and spending a total of 10 minutes reading posts.
Be aware, that cross-border shipment of batteries outside a phone is virtually impossible for individuals.

If the parts are not of any use to anyone purchasing on this forum, is there somewhere anyone knows of that can re-use, re-condition or recycle? It feels very counter to the spririt of buying a Fairphone in the first place to just take it to the dump.

Don’t give up early, my own 3 December offers only (fully) found demand yesterday. :slight_smile: I’ve allowed myself to add the tags “giveaway” and “uk” to your topic title, if you want, I can add “giveaway” to your title line itself, too.

Thanks for the encouragement and tips! I will keep the faith for longer :grin: I was also wondering how to keep it live then, given there’s an automatic close after a week?

People can still find the topic using a search and then contact you by pm. I think that since UK is not part of EU anymore, it can take a bit more time, but if the FP is not taking up too much space in your home I would suggest just to keep it. I am sure that at some point in time someone will like your offer :slight_smile:

If no other UK offers I can find a home for these as still correspond with a couple of UK FP2 users. I have sent you a personal message so that contact details can be kept off the forum.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.