FP2: Fairphone OS and Fairphone Open 21.10.0-rel.2

Fairphone OS and Fairphone Open 21.10.0-rel.2 are now available. You can get them through the Updater.

Changelog

Issues fixed since the previous Android 9 release (21.08.1-rel.0).

Changes specific to Fairphone Open:

• Update Chromium WebView to version 94.0.4606.95

1 Note: Even though the security patch level is not set to 2021-11-06, we do have the required patch for CVE-2021-1048 in.

Please report any (new) issues through the public bugtracker and upvote existing issues if you are affected. As usual, please specify the steps to reproduce, and provide as many details as possible.

20 Likes

Mise à jour d´Android sur le Fairphone 2, bravo Fairphone !
Merci beraucoup.
Le jour où mon FP2 “meurt”, je prends le dernier de chez vous.

4 Likes

7 years after releasing the phone and you’re still publishing security updates. Kudos to you guys, you’re doing an amazing job.

I’m currently running /e/ OS on my FP2, how could I have those kernel update without reflashing the whole OS?

5 Likes

As far as I know, /e/OS Android 10 is also based on LineageOS 17.1, so your FP2 might have already gotten this.

3 Likes

My FP2 is also running /e/ OS and the kernel version is 3.4.113. You find this in Settings->About Phone->Android version->Kernel version.

3 Likes

Hm yes but does that include the Wi-Fi improvements described above?

1 Like

Hello, where can I find please the manual version fp2-gms-21.10.0-rel.2-manual.zip? Thanks!

I hope this file will be added here shortly:

3 Likes

The manual switcher file is already here, if it’s any help … Download Releases — FAIRPHONE open source documentation (see “Manual switcher to Fairphone OS”).

3 Likes

The update was installed today on my FP2 running the Open OS. All is fine. So great, what Fairphone is doing.
Thank You!

Best Regards

Marcus

5 Likes

FWIW, the update went smoothly for me too. It was only since the previous update to 21.08 that I could update my FP2 without doing a full wipe - something to do with LSposed, GravityBox and other peculiarities I have running, no doubt.

The previous update required some resetting and reinstalling of modules to get them to work again, this time around all I had to do was reinstall Magisk and it all ran (with some very minor hiccups that were solved by disabling and re-enabling some settings in GravityBox).

I don’t imagine any of this is part of a conscious effort to make the lives of tinkering nerds easier, but it has and I’m glad. Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

I hope the release notes get added here soon as well - that’s where I went looking for it after getting an update. Took me a few days to realize that forums exist as well.

Hello,

Update doesn’t work on my FP2…
Actually I’m on Open 21.08.1-rel.0

In Fairphone Updater I download the Update. Download is ok and I push to Install.
Installation begin and my phone reboot at nearly 20% of the installation processing.
It reboot on TWRP and begin to install a file. Then installation stop with this message about issue on zip signature of the file “block.map”.
Then I reboot System and… Nothing

Anyone can help me ?

And sorry for my bad english… :frowning:

Thanx !

Probably a manual installation might help?

https://code.fairphone.com/projects/fp-osos/user/fairphone-open-source-os-downloads.html#download-releases

4 Likes

I’m already downloading the zip file. :wink:
I will tell you…

Thanx

1 Like

Manual installation : successfull !
Thank you @yvmuell :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Merci pour ces mises à jour après plus de 5 ans d’utilisation du FP2 ! J’espère grâce à ces mises à jour le garder encore longtemps…

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: :de: Upgrade von Fairphone OS 19.11.2 auf 21.10.0

A post was merged into an existing topic: :de: Upgrade von Fairphone OS 19.11.2 auf 21.10.0