English

FP2 doesn’t charge (even with new battery and bottom module)

My FP2 doesn’t charge anymore. After placing a new battery my phone was running for a while (there was still some energy within the battery). But its not charging anymore. This morning I’ve replaced the bottom module, but this doesn’t have any effect. The red charging light is on for a while (couple of minutes) but I’m not able to switch on my phone.

Welcome to the community Forum!

• Did you have a look at the #batteryguide?
  • How long did you let it charge?
  • What happens when you plug your phone without the battery? Does it show fairphone logo, vibrate and show the blinking LED in a cycle?
  • You could try contacting a #fairphoneangel that might be able to help you test some spare parts.
1 Like

Hi Alex, Thanks for your response.
Ive checked the the batteryguide. Ive charged for ca 5hr, but notting happend the red led only swiches on for a short time.
When I plug my phone without the battery, nothing happens… does this mean that its something else than the battery/ a charging problem?
Ill try to contact a #fairphoneangel! Thanks for your help.

The problem might come from the core-module. Or you could have a second defective bottom-module or battery (which is possible, though statistically not likely).
I have had a similar problem with my phone, it was caused by a kernel wakelock. I had a big battery drain, and one day, it just didn’t want to charge nor switch on anymore, though the red light would switch on for 5 seconds and then switch off. The problem was with the core-module. Is your phone still under warranty?
I hope you’ll find a #fairphoneangel able to help you.

1 Like

You could also try it with a different USB cable and USB power adapter.
There might be something wrong with your cable/power adapter and thus the phone won’t get enough energy to start charging…

2 Likes

Unfortunaly its not related to the cable/ power adapter. Ive tried several ones.

1 Like

Have you tried several plugs, and not just one?

1 Like

Yes I did, Ive tried several plugs.

2 Likes