FP2 does not start, logo appears but then black screen again

Today my Fairphone 2 has switch off when low battery 11%. I connected it and after a few minutes I restarted it while cable charging: it showed 15% battery and charging sing on.
Just 15 minutes later it died alone and cannot restart again. I tried different cable connection several times in case it was the problem. With all cable cable connection happens the same (and again and :

*it starts to charge (showing the picture of battery charging), Led blink red (it do not change colour) and some minutes later it try to start alone (whithout pressing start button) then it can be seen on screen ‘Fariphone, Change is in your hands’ and it switch off again.

Some minutes later it happens the same again and again *

Does anyone has some advice?

(same topic found but ca not answer there. And reply founded did not work)

See #batteryguide

Can’t do most of the suggestions on the Battery Guide as it can’t be started. I tried all the suggestions in the battery guide but nothing seems to work: used different charging cables (all good ones), battery token out for more than one hour, cleaned battery and charging connection.

I tried all Troubleshooting Guide: FP2 Won't turn on or charge - See first post for troubleshooting
But the problem remains the same.

The problem is still the same:
*it starts to charge (showing the picture of battery charging), Led blink red (it do not change colour) and some minutes later it try to start alone (whithout pressing start button) then it can be seen on screen ‘Fariphone, Change is in your hands’ and it switch off again.

Any other advice?

Did you try the battery reset? That is the part of the #batteryguide which is probably the most relevant for your situation.

Yes, I’ve tried. I left it 8 hours without charging, then I taook out the battery of the phone; Wait for more than half an hour and put the battery back in the phone. Connected the Fairphone to a good charger. the charging light starts red without blinking and the loading battery icon appears. Some minutes later the red light starts blinking and it starts all again:

*Led blink red and some minutes later it try to start alone (whithout pressing start button) then it can be seen on screen ‘Fariphone, Change is in your hands’ and it switch off again.

Please try the following.
Take out the battery
Connect your phone with a charger without the battery in the phone.
And now put your battery back whilst the phone is still connected to the charger.

1 Like

I have done it and doesn’t work. It does nothing, just led red on, without blinking, more than one hour like this and nothing else happens, no charging at all.

Afterwords, tried again to charge with the battery in the phone and same happens with a slight diffeence:

*Led red (no blink), later on led red blinking and some minutes later FP2 starts alone (whithout pressing start button) then it can be seen on screen:
‘Fariphone, Change is in your hands’
Then it shows the message in my language (I try to translate):
'Starting/Running Android
optimizing the application 1 of 56’
and black again.

Any other advise?

Hi,

I am having a similar problem. When trying to charge red LED stays constant , Fairphone logo comes up (phone vibrates) then black screen . Repeats every few minutes. I have 2 batteries and it does the same with both. Is there any way I can perform some kind of hard reset?

If you happen to have #community:angels in your vicinity, you could ask whether they are equipped to help you find the root of the problem by swapping modules or else.

In any case, there’s still contactsupport .

Not if you can’t boot into the OS or the recovery … at least I don’t find anything else than this in the support pages.

If you went through everything in the batteryguide already, then this here applies …

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.