My wife’s FP2 is not receiving text messages (SMS) any more, and the problem is driving us crazy. the phone once came with lollipop, and has now received the nougat update. It took us quite a while to notice the problem. It may have started with the upgrade.
Important to know:
-There are two SIM cards in the phone
-Sending text messages works with the FP2
-Receiving text messages works with both card in - an other phone (moto g5+)
What I tried till now:
- swapped sim cards (no.1 into slot 2 and vice versa)
- sent text messages from various numbers and providers to the fp2
- installed alternative text message app- they have access to all the saved messages.
- delete APN’s, boot without sim, boot again with sim.
- shifting the messages to the archive and back. Works nicely, but doesn’t solve the problem.
- I had an 8GB SD card inserted which turned out to be faulty, and replaced it.
I made a very peculiar observation: All the alternative text messengers can access the stored messages. But none of the message backupers (e.g.MyPhoneexplorer) was able to find the messages. Many crashed, others just showed no entries, others gave me error messages like ‘no entries found’. So I am unable to back up the messages. Looks as if FP2 would grant access to messages apps only, and deny access for any text backup app.
Any idea? help would be very welcome
p.s. my email address: <first_name> at <>secand_name> dot country. I live in Switzerland. Deutsch ist auch ok.